Author Topic: Few bugs  (Read 8122 times)

skrzat

• View Profile
Few bugs
« on: April 09, 2015, 13:56:04 »
1. When I copy files from archive, buttons on copy dialog doesn't work (skip, pause/continue and abort)
2. When I copy one file from FTP to local and add to copy queue second file from FTP to local, MC stops after first file copying and doesn't try to copy second one
3. There is still bug in replacing files during copying from 7z archive: http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1205.msg4175.html
You wrote:
"I did
Browse into the 7z file
select files to copy.. ( files already exists on target.)
press copy (F5 , commander style)
Press return to confirm copy dialog
Already exists - Overwrite dialog is shown."

Every step you wrote is OK, but in next step, when I choose ie. ReplaceAll, there is "copying" with progress bar, but none of files is overwritten. Files are still old.
Copying from other archives ie. ZIP ies OK, files are overwritten and new

Sorry for my English :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Few bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:53:54 »
1. Yes this is an artifact of how some virtual filesystem plugins work.
This happen because most of the archive file system plugin handle all of the unpacking as a batch. instead of unpacking one item and then go to the next item in the queue.. they get ALL of the item from the queue that are associated with the virtual file system and unpack them because it is must faster to unpack files from an archive in the order they are in the archive. if doing it one by one it would have to seek in the archive for the file to unpack for every file and that is a slow process.
However  Pause/Abort normally works. But it depends what archive format it is. Some does not support the process to be paused or aborted.

2. FTP can only do 1 action at the time to the server. And doing multiple action like this can mess up the server.  But it depends on the FTP server

3. Not for me. When I unpack from a 7z file and select ReplaceAll the file gets overwritten.
Are there any error in the File Operation log when doing this ? maybe the file is open by a program and can be overwritten or something.

skrzat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 23:18:38 »
3. In this thread I made a mistake in my previous post. Thre correct information is in thread: http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1205.msg4175.html
I tested it few seconds ago. I made two TXT files with only one letter 'A' in each other (a1.txt and a2.txt. Later I made two other TXT files with only one letter 'B' in each other (b1.txt and b2. txt). I packup two files b1.txt and b2.txt with 7zip archive using MC. I deleted b1. txt and b2.txt from folder, renamed a1.txt to b1.txt and a2.txt to b2.txt. Then I enter to 7zip archive, select both files and copy two files b1.txt and b2.txt from archive to the folder were b1.txt and b2.txt are. Files are overwritten without asking (no dialog is shown). When I view b1.txt and b2.txt, the letter 'B' is in both files.
When I try to copy only one file at time, the dialog is shown.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:50:43 »
Okey so what you are saying is when you unpack many files from 7z archive it will do "Replace All" without asking ?

skrzat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 16:01:54 »
Yes