Author Topic: Keyboard Customizing Window  (Read 8608 times)

Malleus

• View Profile
Keyboard Customizing Window
« on: April 10, 2015, 19:02:18 »
When I open this window I have to resize the columns for "Type/Function" and hotkey. I don't know why but in my case these columns are always too small, I cannot read the text in it. After I've corrected this and "saved" my work by closing the window and have to reopen it later everything is gone and I have to resize the columns once more. So in the case you did many changes you did these changes may times. It would be great if MC would store these column widths.
Thank you very much!
Frank

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Keyboard Customizing Window
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 15:02:54 »
I will probably not add so It will remember customized columns sizes in that dialog. Adding that is too much work for a dialog that you normally does not visit very often.
The issue is really why you have to resize it in the first place. Normally the default size is large enough
Is it because of the language you run at has text that are too long ? or do you run with high DPI settings that makes the UI bigger the standard ?

Malleus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 18:11:52 »
Hi,
thanks for you quick response!
I have attached a screenshot of this dialog, so you can see the issue but now i guess you are right: I'm using a QHD+ resolution, 3200x1800 (13" ultrabook). So, this will be the reason.
After installing MC I opened this dialog very often to optimize the keyboard to my needs because I want to use it without touchpad, only keys. I'm working with it, find a scenario where I  need a shotcut, modify it and retest it. There are many hotkeys I'm not using, so I was playing around the settings.
I guess I can remember me that the autosizing of the folder columns were not working correctly, so I set fix column widths, but I can retest it if you want.

regards!

Frank
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 18:18:21 by Malleus »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:56:35 »
3200x1800 okey that a lot on a small screen.. Guess you run the DPI at 200% or more.
Most dialog should have no issue with high DPI. not sure why that dialog does. I will check if there is some DPI check missing.
(200+ DPI is more then I have access to. I have only tested it up to 150.)

Malleus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 18:17:01 »
Hi,
I've check my settings and it's 250% ;-)  It's really a very high resolution, haven't seen any better display until now, it's even better than the Retina displays from Mac. There are lots of programs which have problems with it.
Thanks for your support!
Frank

Malleus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 18:13:54 »
Hi,
I've just installed your update and it works absolutely fine!
Thank you very much!
Regards!
Frank