Author Topic: Attribute in View filters - Sort by attribute  (Read 8105 times)

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
Attribute in View filters - Sort by attribute
« on: May 18, 2015, 14:58:24 »
Have been looking for some info about the filters in the explorer panel but no luck.

Not sure if it's already implemented or not but... is there a way to filter files and folders according to the attributes?

In fact my specific problem is listing all Symlinks within a folder. The symlinks point to other subfolders.

Have tried to sort by attribute option via the "Attrib" column but it doesn't work. Standard folders are shown as ----d and the symlinked folders as ----l, that's right, but can not sort them. For some reason it doesn't work properly for those flags.

Then I tried with the filters but I have not found the way to filter using attributes.

Any tip?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Attribute in View filters - Sort by attribute
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 21:46:59 »
No you can not filter on attribute

To get all symlink sorted together you can enable File Coloring and create a color rule for it, and then enable "Color rule name" column and then sort on that.

Or you can with script select file with symlinks attribute and then with view filter only show selected.

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 20:50:00 »
The 1st one did the trick after restarting MC, thank you!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 22:36:08 »
No need to restart.. just force a refresh of file coloring, (second option in the Colorwheel popup menu)