Author Topic: [Bug] control selecting via keyboard not functional  (Read 7120 times)

venerence

• View Profile
[Bug] control selecting via keyboard not functional
« on: July 19, 2015, 13:30:48 »
A bug I have noticed is present in regards to selecting items via keyboard. In explorer, if you hold down the control key, you can border highlight other items using the arrow keys. You can then add (or remove) that highlighted item to the selection using the spacebar.

the border highlight

selecting with spacebar

Holding down control and using the up/down arrow keys doesn't appear to work in multicommander. Some people might consider this a feature suggestion, but this functionality has been around since the xp days for explorer, and I would think is a core component of any explorer gui.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 13:35:38 by venerence »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: [Bug] control selecting via keyboard not functional
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 14:05:08 »
Yes. The Windows Explorer emulation is not 100%
The Keyboard and mouse setup is prioritizing Commander Styled setup and then after that it tries to emulate Windows Explorer.
But it will not be 100% the same since it caused collisions in how the two works.

If you really want to work with keyboard then Command Styled setup is so much more powerful then WinExplorer style.

venerence

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] control selecting via keyboard not functional
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 15:35:40 »
Yes. The Windows Explorer emulation is not 100%
The Keyboard and mouse setup is prioritizing Commander Styled setup and then after that it tries to emulate Windows Explorer.
But it will not be 100% the same since it caused collisions in how the two works.

If you really want to work with keyboard then Command Styled setup is so much more powerful then WinExplorer style.

fair enough, it's by design is an acceptable answer, but is there any way to enable this functionality for explorer? I am comfortable with explorer (and don't get to use multicommander on many machines I use), so switching back and forth between file behavior dynamics will screw up my muscle memory.