Author Topic: Question on Quick Launch Customization  (Read 5831 times)

pmennen

• View Profile
Question on Quick Launch Customization
« on: August 18, 2015, 13:06:13 »
I added a quick launch button for my program editor by entering "D:\EditPlus\editplus.exe" in the Program path field of the quick launch customization panel. Then I found I could drag and drop files onto the button and the editor would open as expected with the dropped file. But I wanted to tell it to open the currently selected file when I clicked on the quick launch button. First I tried putting the string "%1" in the parameter field. Although I don't quite know why, this has worked when I needed to call an external program from dozens of different applications, but it didn't work this time. I also tried putting the string "${sourcefocuspath}" in there, but that didn't work either. The "<" button next to the parameter field seemed to suggest I might need quotation marks around the field, but that didn't help. I suppose I'm doing something pretty obviously wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what.
Thanks
~Paul

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Question on Quick Launch Customization
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:00:59 »
The QuickLaunchbar is there to solve a way to fast launch external programs like the QuickLaunchBar on the taskbar in WindowsXP

The QuickLaunhcbar can't interact with the panels.  If you want advanced interaction then UserDefinedCommands has to be used.
From that you can get item in focus and more..
And than you can place the UserCommand on the QuickLanchBar.