Author Topic: Program Layout Question  (Read 8186 times)

jmaatman

• View Profile
Program Layout Question
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:40:44 »
I am using two identical versions of Multi Commander and the layout of each is different. One copy is identical to the documentation. However, the other copy does not display the toolbars and the toolbar command does not appear in the View option on the menu. Instaed, there is a menu containing "Address  Quick Launch  Standard  File Commands  Drives" I prefer the traditional layout but have not been able to figure out how to change it.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Program Layout Question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:29:49 »
You must have disable then completely
In the Menu you can temporary enable/disable UI elements like menu/toolbars.. But if you never want to have them at all you can disable them entirely in Settings.

Core Setting > Layout (Tab) ->Toolbars
Explorer Panel -> Layout (tab ) -> Toolbars

jmaatman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 17:02:32 »
Thank you for your reply. I tried everything and was never able to get the toolbars option to appear on my View menu. I solved the problem by completely uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. All is fine now.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 17:17:22 »
Btw  There is need to reinstall. If you want to clear out user config just delete the config under user account.
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\MultiCommander\Config\

GrantSP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 00:32:42 »
May I jump into this with a question about the config file?

I was toying with making some toolbar rows invisible and decided I didn't like it but when I restored the toolbar to show 4 rows the bottom two had lost their application settings and commands.
Will deleting that config file restore the setting of the toolbar to stock?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 12:48:00 »
May I jump into this with a question about the config file?

I was toying with making some toolbar rows invisible and decided I didn't like it but when I restored the toolbar to show 4 rows the bottom two had lost their application settings and commands.
Will deleting that config file restore the setting of the toolbar to stock?

It might. There are some session configuration that are stored in registry too if you temporary disable them.

To manually restore. Make sure all of the toolbars you want are enabled in core and explorer panel settings. Then restart. and make sure they are enabled from menu > view > toolbars, then restart.