Author Topic: Multi Commander 5.8 RC  (Read 20769 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander 5.8 RC
« on: October 22, 2015, 18:24:27 »
The following fixes/changes since v5.6

130+ Changes

-- Build 2036 ( 15-Nov-2015 )
  ADDED - Hold CTRL while pressing return/OK button in MakeDir dialog and the ExplorerPanel will enter that folder
  ADDED - Custom command MC.Explorer.Makedir has a new parameter  "GOTO" that will make the Explorer Panel to enter the new folder
  ADDED - Advanced filter now support RegEx matching of filename
  CHANGE- Filter Editor will now use space as separator when entering multiple values to look for. (before it was | )
  FIXED - Various fixes in Filter Editor

-- Build 2032 ( 10-Nov-2015 )
  ADDED - Explorer panel settings for default path for new tabs
  ADDED - Custom Command MC.Explorer.Selection.Select now has a "FILTERID" parameter
  FIXED - MultiFileViewer can now find text part backwards (up) in Unicode text files again

-- Build 2030 ( 7-Nov-2015 )
  ADDED - Explorer panel settings for Column sortby and sort order for new tabs.
  ADDED - Custom Command MC.Explorer.SetFilter now has as parameter FILTERID, that can be used to set an existing advanced filter
  ADDED - Explorer Panel Tweak settings for enable/disable for context menu for current location should be shown on ".."
  ADDED - FSFTP bookmark now has an option if the log windows should be shown or not when connecting.
  FIXED - DuplicateTab will now duplicate most tab/explorer panel settings.
  FIXED - Filter window will now ask to save modified filter.

-- Build 2026 ( 2-Nov-2015 )
  FIXED - UI Issues with View Filter field
  FIXED - View Filter toggle on/off when advanced filter was set

-- Build 2025 ( 1-Nov-2015 )
  ADDED - The View Filter popup menu how also list the global advanced filters
  ADDED - View Filter can now also use the advanced filters
  ADDED - From the view filter popup menu it is now possible to define a advanced filter to be used
  FIXED - Filename matching using Contins,BeginWith,EndWith in Advanced filters now work

-- Build 2021 ( 25-Okt-2015)
  ADDED - FilterEditor has some UI changes, when setting the date/time range
  ADDED - FilterEditor also show the FilterID. This is used if filter is referenced by in script
  FIXED - UI issues in FilterEditor.
  FIXED - QuickLaunchBar will now remember the Right click options for AllowInsertByDrop/AllowRearrange

-- Build 2018 ( 23-Okt-2015)
  ADDED - Pick Filter window now support MultiLanguage
  ADDED - Filter editor now support MultiLanguage
  ADDED - Compare Folders Advanced windows now support MultiLanaguge
  FIXED - Exclude file matching now works.
  FIXED - Rename / Delete / Reload of filters now works
  CHANGE- Content Matching in Filter Dialog disabled. Not Implemented yet

-- Build 2015 ( 22-Okt-2015)
  ADDED - Menu > Configuration > Filter - New dialog of defining new global filters.
  ADDED - Expand/Shrink selection in explorer panel can now do selection with the new filter rules

-- Build 2011 ( 17-Okt-2015)
  ADDED - File Operation progress now show progress of queing items for internal plugin operations.
  ADDED - FSFTP will now log data connections errors better.
  ADDED - Menu > Edit > Compare Folders Advanced - Shows a dialog where compare rules can be defined.
  FIXED - Fixad issue when unpacking large zip with duplicated files in archive.
  FIXED - FSZip issue when overwriting existing files
  FIXED - FSFTP now send "AUTH TLS" instead of "AUTH TLS-P" for protected login
  FIXED - SetFolderDateTime tool can cause a crash.
  FIXED - Icon Override Setup is no longer case sensitive
  FIXED - MultiFileViewer - RegEx syntax coloring rule chould sometimes cause a crash
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 14:09:42 by Mathias (Author) »

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander 5.6.1 Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 11:55:53 »
The new filter dialog is awesome. 
Really want to use it with the content match active ;D

Thanks for all your efforts Mathias

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 12:04:45 »
File Content matching will not be included at first. there are a lot of issues with that.
Content match is very slow. and it can lock up MC until it is done, and if you got many large files it can takes minutes before it is done.
with content matching everything must be run in the background. But when running in the background you also do not want the user to be able to change the view while it is processing because that can result in very strange behavior when the matching is done and the user changed things while it was processing.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 12:23:09 »
OK Thanks for clarifying that.
Would it be possible to restrict the matching side to a specific file & file size e.g. .txt <100kb?

Most of my initial ideas for using it would be on multiple txts none of which would be likely to exceed 20kb.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 12:32:56 »
You can enter filters that combines all fields. filename and size and date and attribute if you want

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 12:37:47 »
Sorry Mathias, I wasn't clear.  ::)
I meant 'internally' to allow use on smaller files until the issues are resolved.  i.e . so I can play around with it  :P
Or maybe I should try a script function to search txt content & filter as per your Advanced Selection with Script code.  Or am I going in the wrong direction?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:47:55 »
Ahh No, content search for small/large does not matter. even small files are an issue for there are many. opening files is slow even for small files.
specially if the files are located on network.
When content search is there, there must be a Progress UI or something so that it is possible to see progress and a way to abort it.

You might be able to use File search with  SubLevel to 0, (so it does not search subfolders)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 14:23:39 »
Thanks for the explanation Mathias.
I do use the find dialog +contains field currently.

The prospect of seeking multiple terms & being able to use regex's in a search got me excited  ;D

BTW I am enjoying playing with the regex aspect of the new rename dialog as it makes so many possibilities available.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 18:47:57 »
As of build 2015 the ViewFilters can now also use the new advanced filters.

However there are some UI issues with it that I have not decided on how to solve yet.
The Filter name will be shown in the ViewFilter field. I'm not sure that is good. I think it might be a bit confusing.
Maybe make it readonly when a advanced view filter is active ?

Please drop a post if you have any feedback about the advanced filters when used with selection or as view filter.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 15:02:44 »
If using filters>advanced filters> (preset option)
MC.Explorer.SetViewFilter FILTER="*.*" no longer works to restore the view, necessary to reopen filters dialog & choose 'all'.

I see what you mean about filter name display.  It does work & serves as info.  You already have a tooltip for switches, maybe another tooltip for these preset named functions?
Don't know how easy it is to add specific tool-tips option for Advanced Only filters (this would also allow user to annotate custom filter functions).

Like it all so far & really want to play about with it. :P  The Filter id # is a very useful addition too.  ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 16:03:36 »
Yes, script function is broken.

There is a version coming later today with some changes and fixes.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 10:38:16 »
I look forward to the time when it is working :D

Also having the filters applicable to delete function is a great idea. ;)  8)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 13:04:18 »
It is already in current beta (2026 )

Delete will not get filters any time soon. there are so many strange issues with delete and filtering and it is so easy do enter wrong and then it will delete stuff that you did not expect to get delete.
The best way to delete using filter is to do a search and then delete from the search result window

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 18:12:24 »
Thanks for the latest build Mathias. 
I see what you mean about possibility of problems with filters.  I had been thinking of tight selections but that didn't take account of the MC possibility of settings creating clashes/odd behavior.  & I guess there are plenty of opportunities for crazy behavior ;)

MC.Explorer.SetFilter will be useful

I am currently using find & then running multiple passes with different terms (regex etc.) I imagined the possibility of turning that into a single filter. 
Maybe a script would allow multiple pass searches...?  I haven't given myself a headache for a while :P

Nevertheless it is fun using MC to play with my data :D

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 14:51:40 »
Well Depends on what you want to do..
Multipass will not work for View Filters.
But maybe for selections where it select items based on different filters many times after each other

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 18:50:34 »
maybe for selections where it select items based on different filters many times after each other

Yes that was my thinking.
A multipass script that would allow me to filter out different groups of entries within files/folders.

I imagine looking for specific values in multiple txts -
  • run a filter/selection, then move the selection to a specific folder
  • next search/select pass sent to different folder
  • ....etc

Haven't thought much about how I will try to do it yet but it seems like it would be possible.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander 5.8 RC
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 15:14:23 »
Having seen the new MC.Explorer.SetFilter + parameter FILTERID command. 
I wondered if something similar could exist for the user-saved Rename profiles.  Or does it already exist?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 22:20:25 »
maybe for selections where it select items based on different filters many times after each other

Yes that was my thinking.
A multipass script that would allow me to filter out different groups of entries within files/folders.

I imagine looking for specific values in multiple txts -
  • run a filter/selection, then move the selection to a specific folder
  • next search/select pass sent to different folder
  • ....etc

Haven't thought much about how I will try to do it yet but it seems like it would be possible.

If you write a UserDefinedCommand of MultiScript type. You can call multiple CustomCommand (MC.xxx.xxx ) in that.

Or you can also do you own selections. There are string regex and other matching functions in MultiScript..

Get all files.  filter out the one you want..  and then select them
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1472.0.html

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander 5.8 RC
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 19:34:12 »
Thanks for reminding me of your post on new script functions Mathias & for providing these terrific tools in MC.

I will have to experiment a little.  I can see that I have a number of options. 
I quite like using regexs & I have used them in other MS scripts I have knocked together  :P :)  But the option of using things like MC.Explorer.SetFilter means I have a lot to try out. ;)

When you mention CustomCommand (MC.xxx.xxx ) is there/will there be a way of using the saved rename profiles using that method?
You have provided a great way to implement some quite complex renames, it would be nice to pull them out for use on a button.