Author Topic: Dock file viewer and open files by single click  (Read 9308 times)

Sempervivum

• View Profile
Dock file viewer and open files by single click
« on: October 29, 2015, 22:09:26 »
Some image/file explorers, e. g. Faststone Image Viewer or Directory Opus, feature a docked file viewer and the images are opened by single click. I would appreciate if the file viewer of Multi Commander could be docked and files could be opened by single click.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Dock file viewer and open files by single click
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 22:23:23 »
You can enable single click.. It is not a 1 click option.
You can configure the mouse settings in Explorer Panel and change that click should be open/execute.
You might also want to enable the Autoselect on hover option too. (a bit down on the same settings page)

Sempervivum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 20:57:46 »
Hallo Mathias,
thanks for this info.
change that click should be open/execute
I'm afraid that this would result in the same reaction as double click, i. e. that an exe file would be executed at single click. Am I right?
However in the settings for single click I find "user defined mouse action #1". Would it be possible to assign "open in viewer" in this way for single click? Unfortunately I don't know how to define a user defined mouse action.
Best regards - Ulrich

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 22:27:19 »
Yes.. That is was single click to open means.. :)

Yes you can defined a user command for that, but that command will run everything you click on a file/folder.
There is no such thing as a User Defined mouse action.  The user defined commands you set are any normal user defined command that you create.

Sempervivum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 23:30:18 »
Pitty! I meant this in the mouse settings:

It translates: "Left mouse button" - "User defined mouse command #1".
I hoped that it would be possible to program something like "Open in viewer when viewer is open" for single click.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 23:45:57 »
If you scroll down you set what command to assign to what custom mouse action.

But not sure if that is possible and even if it is it will be very weird to have on click, I will make it very hard to navigate around since the command will run on very file and folder you click on

Sempervivum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 16:44:28 »
Thanks for your answer!
If you scroll down you set what command to assign to what custom mouse action.
I see!
I will make it very hard to navigate around since the command will run on very file and folder you click on
I agree. Therefore I considered to program a conditional action "open in internal viewer if viewer is open". Additonally opening could be limited to images. But unfortunately I found no way to query whether the internal viewer is open nor a way to open a file in the viewer. "open file" obviously opens a file in the windows viewer and creates a new instance every time.