Author Topic: Drag and Drop button Editor  (Read 6677 times)

art-101

• View Profile
Drag and Drop button Editor
« on: December 09, 2015, 17:41:03 »
New user here and really enjoying MC.
Slowly tweaking little things to how I feel comfortable working or working out how I'd like things so I can plan what I need to learn what to do etc but one thing that would make organising my button layout a lot easier and quicker is a drag and drop button editor.

Yeah we can swap a button around but that feels like an awful lot of clicks to get where you want.

I'd love to be able to go into the button editor and just drag a button from one location and drop it to where I'd like it and it would swap the locations between the two buttons, maybe have a trash can on the Button editor window so if there is a button you don't like just drag it to that window and it's gone.

Maybe also have a button painter so you have a colour scheme you like for one set of buttons you can just click on a paint button and then drag your cursor over the buttons to make them all that colour.

I've no idea how possible this is but feel they would make customizing layouts a lot quicker.

Thanks,

Art

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Drag and Drop button Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 21:37:44 »
Something like that the drag and drop was tried but caused a lot of conflicts and issues. And some internal redesign is needed for that to work.
However, I have some plans for changes in the button editor. I will add your to that list and we see what of them I add when I get the time, UI work like that is very time consuming to create.

art-101

• View Profile
Re: Drag and Drop button Editor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 14:52:45 »
That's great, thanks for the reply.