Author Topic: Button Panel - odd behaviour  (Read 5915 times)

Alanrf

• Accept that computers always know best!
    • View Profile
Button Panel - odd behaviour
« on: December 09, 2015, 15:03:01 »
Noticed an inconsistent behaviour when using the Core Settings option on a Win 10 computer.

I was trying to reduce the number of rows from 4 to 1, basically a simple choice.  After selecting 1 from the drop down list and clicking Save the warning message appeared telling me that the change invoked needed a restart of MC.

Not a problem, simply close down and restart MC.  Result - no change. 

The Button Panel still showed four rows.  On the assumption that I may have made a foolish mistake I opened Core Settings and checked.  The change from 4 to 1 had been correctly recorded, so I clicked on Save, closed and then reopened MC.

Result - success.

After observing this odd behaviour, I tried the same operation on another Win 10 computer.  Exactly the same results.  A need to effectively save the change twice before it took effect.

Several further checks seem to confirm that this issue only occurs at the time of the first change to the Button Panel configuration.

All very odd, although the end result is fine. Certainly not  major issue, but potentially confusing when first encountered.
Now using Win 10.
Used 'em all from DOS 2.0 onwards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Button Panel - odd behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 21:31:42 »
I will check that later. Must be some first time config issues