Author Topic: Some documentation anomalies  (Read 7335 times)

Alanrf

• Accept that computers always know best!
    • View Profile
Some documentation anomalies
« on: December 10, 2015, 17:39:53 »
I was checking through the Documentation pages and in particular, the published keyboard shortcuts for the Explorer version when I found that the keys to refresh, or force refresh, a screen were defined as F2 and Shift F2.

This is clearly incorrect as on the Explorer version the F5 key has that function.  Indeed, on the Explorer version the F2 key is used to rename file/folders.

Investigating further it seems that, in the published documentation, the shortcuts for both the Commander and Explorer versions are identical.

Without actually going through each shortcut, is this actually true?  Certainly given that there is one anomaly, as noted above, it seems possible, if not probable that there are more anomalies.

Clearly not a major issue, more a matter of incorrect documentation.

I am quite happy to investigate further but perhaps you are already aware of this particular issue and have already taken steps to correct it.
Now using Win 10.
Used 'em all from DOS 2.0 onwards.

Alanrf

• View Profile
Re: Some documentation anomalies
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 13:25:58 »
Checking further it seems that there only a few anomalies but they are potentially confusing.

File - Quick Copy     Shift F5     does not appear to have any short-cut in the Windows Explorer style

View Refresh                           F2                should be       F5

Force Refresh (Flush cache)    Shift + F2     should be       Shift + F5

File Tools - Rename                 Shift + F6      should be       F2
Now using Win 10.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 18:06:52 »
There are probably many errors in the doc. Been a while ago since it updated it.

And writing doc is very time consuming and I rather spend the time developing features :)

I will fix the errors..

Alanrf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 20:45:52 »
Yes, I fully understand your point.  I only flagged these very minor points for your information; no doubt you have some sort of schedule to deal with such minor issues, as and when other priorities and time allow.
Now using Win 10.