Author Topic: Paste not working when renaming file  (Read 6334 times)

dahaiou

• View Profile
Paste not working when renaming file
« on: December 18, 2015, 12:28:36 »
I'm not sure if this is a Multi Commander issue or something strange in my system right now.

Anyways, I just noticed the following strange behaviour:

Pressing F2 to rename a file and then pressing Ctrl-V will NOT paste in the string previously copied,
it will just delete the filename (just as if I had pressed Del instead of Ctrl-V).

This only happens in Multi Commander. I can use Ctrl-V to paste into a text editor with no problem.

The file rename is otherwise working as normal, eg. writing in the new filename from
the keyboard works as expected.

Anybody had this? Any ideas?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Paste not working when renaming file
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:27:54 »
Sure there is not a new line character at the beginning of the text that is "copied" ?
Can you paste the text to other text fields in MC ?  eg command line field ?

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Paste not working when renaming file
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 14:55:44 »
Working OK for me using KB, RMB menu & scripted copy/paste/rename functions on w7x64, MC 5.9 2058.

However I think I have had this behavior in the past but not with enough consistency to say 100% it was MC & not a sticky mouse button etc. 
I noticed it when I'd copied a file & then tried to paste into a new folder & nothing happened - I was using keys not MCs button menu.

Happened a few times so maybe something else is going on? 
I have some misgivings about the nvidia driver which seems to have introduced some sort of random erratic response to the system since #360.xx, again not consistent but I've just done a fresh install of W7 with very few unknown quantities, so it should be 100%....
(Also ran Memtest86 w/out errors.)