Author Topic: Re: User Defined Commands and Portable Software  (Read 7639 times)

Tezcatlipoca

• View Profile
Re: User Defined Commands and Portable Software
« on: January 15, 2016, 00:59:13 »
After rewriting the new version in the same folder with the version of Multi Commander, I have lost the settings: color panels, scripts, custom commands, a button on the Quick Launch ...
Maybe it makes sense for the portable version stores all the settings in a special separate folder? Also, if a portable version available in two versions (win32 and win64), how to make them the same settings?
It seems to me logical to make a universal boot loader which will run the program desired bit. Or make a different name, as is done in ConEmuPack.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:10:25 »
There is a update tool there.. MultiUpdate.exe  ( or menu > Help > Update )
Use that and settings are not overwritten.

Currently MC do not support dual editions in same folders. It is on my list. Require lots of layout redesign
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:12:34 by Mathias (Author) »

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 13:50:22 »
I use the MC backup tool -
Help>backup/restore
to create a copy of all my settings, scripted buttons etc, I then have this saved for emergencies & can add this to a separate/portable install as required.

Tezcatlipoca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 22:37:02 »
Thank you. Backing up a little something that I need, but I restored the settings.
I update all the necessary software is automatically scheduled. We'll have a portable version of MC updated built-in commands manually.
It's not the biggest problem in my life.  :)