Author Topic: Option to have separate history button in each explorer panel  (Read 7240 times)

alleby

• View Profile
Hi Mathias,
first of all, thanks for great application - I use it at home and also recommend to colleagues who I know are using dual panel managers.

I have a small feature request - currently there is only 1 history button for whole program. It can be invoked via alt+down, but it mixes up the folders from both panels. At work I use FC, as it is approved for internal use (I work in multinational so I cannot just install what I want - lots of rules to follow....). Anyway - in FC there are separate history buttons for each panel, which for me at least is more user friendly.

It could be left from the "show/hide folder tree" button or in the same area, and clicking the button or hitting alt+down would show the history list from that specific panel. Currently when I'm in the right panel, clicking alt+down opens the menu on the upper left side, which takes away focus from the panel...

I know there is per-panel history available when you hold down the "back" button - still there is only 1 button in upper left corner and is not easily accessible by keyboard (must grab mouse and to allthe way to upper left....)

Probably the same could be done with bookmarks/favorites button.

Thank you for consideration :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Option to have separate history button in each explorer panel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 23:57:22 »
Well it already exists as you mention. You got the per-panel history on the back button.
But you do not need to access it by mouse. You can assign a hotkey for it

In Menu > Configuration > Keyboard customization, then select the "Show back history popup" command, then assign the hotkey you need

alleby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 14:00:37 »
thanks for the tip!
I assigned it to alt+down instead of the history feature. The only "issue" it still appears at one place in upper left corner for both panels.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:39 »
Nice, but this history will be deleted after reboot.