Author Topic: Path field - how to change colors, v 6.2  (Read 7551 times)

Alanrf

• Accept that computers always know best!
    • View Profile
Path field - how to change colors, v 6.2
« on: June 04, 2016, 14:29:50 »
Using "Explorer Panel Setting" it seems possible to make changes to the text and background colors using the "Custom  Colors" option.

However, any changes made do not seem to have any effect and the path field remains the default neutral grey color with black text.

On Win 10 there are no easy ways to change color settings as was the case in earlier versions.

Is it actually possible to make the path field more visible by changing colors as explained above.  If not, is there any work-arounds?
Now using Win 10.
Used 'em all from DOS 2.0 onwards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Path field - how to change colors, v 6.2
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 15:45:21 »
Are you changing the correct color settings ? The colors for the path field is at the bottom of the color page.
There you can defined different color for the path field,  both when it is active and inactive

Alanrf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 17:30:46 »
Yes, I am aware of that, but nothing happens.

If I click on, say, Path Field / Active panel / Normal text and background color I get a Choose Text colors panel telling me that i have to use Windows default settings, (where in Win 10 though?).

If I click the dropdown to change Windows Standard Colors to Custom Colors I appear to have an infinite choice.  I can select a color from that display and click on that.  The display shows the change in the Sample text panel but then, when I click OK, nothing appears to happen, even after restarting MC
Now using Win 10.

Alanrf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 17:42:28 »
Whoops!

Obviously need to get way from the computer.   Clicked OK as noted in my last past, but just realised, (oh foolish me!), that I had not clicked Save when exiting the Explorer configuration panel.

Apologies for wasting your time, (and mine too, I suppose)  :-(
Now using Win 10.