Author Topic: SharePoint mapped drive  (Read 7332 times)

xian

• View Profile
SharePoint mapped drive
« on: June 14, 2016, 15:14:20 »
I have a SharePoint site mapped as a drive. I think it is using FPRPC protocol showing as https://example.com/site in Windows Explorer.

When I move a file with MC to a subdirectory, I need to manually refresh the drive to update the directory contents. Is this an expected behaviour?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: SharePoint mapped drive
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:32 »
If it is gets mapped as a drive then MC see it as any other drive. and will threat it as any normal drive.
The problem is that when a viewed location is changed, The filesystem will notify that it have changed , But I suspect that since this is a virtual filesystem to a web. this is not happening.
So MC do not get any notification from the filesystem that a change have happen.

xian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:40:51 »
I see. However, when MC makes a change (moves a file) then it is aware of that some change has happened. Maybe would worth to refresh on its own then.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:52:03 »
All MC fileoperations are done in the backgound. You can starta a copy and then browse to somethings else. so the UI does not wait for the file copy to be done.

Since MC see it as a normal filesystem. It thinks that the Filesystem will send notification about change. If it should also send a own. then MC would get two notification in all normal situations. and it would refresh the filesystem twice all the time. And we don't want that

The problem is that the drivers that creates a virtual filesystem for SharePoint should send a filesystem change notification when somethings happening.