Author Topic: "Toggle Selection and move to the next item" not consistent  (Read 8062 times)

zorglups

• View Profile
Hello,

I use to select multiple files with [Space][Space][Space][Space] key sequence.
To be able to do so in MultiCommander, I set the "Explorer Panel" setting "Toggle Selection and move to next item" to be mapped on [Space].

This works fine in the Explorer Panel.

Unfortunately, when in a  File Search results list, my [Space] key only select the file but do not move to the next item.

Could you pleaaase make this setting acting for both the "Explorer Panel" and the "File Search Result Panel" (I don't know how to name it) ?
If this setting cannot be global to those 2 "panels", can you add such setting to the "File Search Result Panel" ?

Thank you,

Pierre

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: "Toggle Selection and move to the next item" not consistent
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 15:52:56 »
The Search result panel is its own panel and do not support everything that the explorer panel does. It is optimize to just show and filter results.

It will not be added to the search panel since it is lots of work. and that panel is actually going to be removed. so that work would than have been done for nothing,
In the future the search result will be presented in a explorer panel. And then all features you have there will work on the search result

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 20:05:54 »
That makes a lot of sense to me :)

Only one code base and panel type to maintain, and consistent presentation & functionality.

Way to go, Mathias (let's hope you find the time)...

Alan

zorglups

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 16:10:16 »
That makes sense.