Author Topic: Random tabs opening up? build 2232  (Read 7456 times)

Oliwally

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Random tabs opening up? build 2232
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:00:06 »
I've noticed over the last few days that if I have MC open in the background, then sometimes when I come back to it there are a whole bunch of tabs that have opened up - all pointing to C:\. To the best of my knowledge I have done nothing to open them up.

Is there a setting that I may have accidentally changed?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for your help,

Oli

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Random tabs opening up? build 2232
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 09:44:31 »
Strange..
I guess that you have a locked tab.. (because that is kind of only reason that a new tab can be opened by it self.)
Is it locked on the root ? or sub folder ?
Do you have multiple locked tab with same folder ?  or a direct subfolder to a folder that are show in another folder  ( Like C:\MyFolder\ , C:\MyFolder\SubFolder\ )
or maybe you have a cat that walked on the keyboard  ? :) :)

Oliwally

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 13:40:22 »
LOL, I love it.... yea, no mystery cat unfortunately.

However, I did play around with locking some tabs, then unlocked them again. There is a default locked tab to C:\, but I think that's there without my doing.

I've rebooted my 'puter a few times since I first observed the behaviour (which lasted a few days) and now it seems to have settled down (the dogs chased the cats away).
Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit to ask about this issue. It coincided with the updates so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Hey, thanks again Mathias for replying and for your hard work on this project. I'm loving it and would be worse off without it. You've managed to make many people's worlds a better place. Nice one!

Oli

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 14:18:02 »
If you run the Beta  (2237+)  it might be fixed. there was some locked tab issues that was fixed in that

Oliwally

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 00:54:44 »
Sounds good, I'll give it a go, although the issue seems to have settle down.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 01:19:36 »
I found issue around lock tabs, and that is if you delete the folder to where a locked tab is locked. Since that folder does not exists it will fallback to the closest path.
But the tab still tries to lock to the original path, and depending on tab/lock settings.. Many tabs can start to open.

Restart to not fix it.. but a Unlock/Lock does.. since it save a new lock path to a existing path