Author Topic: Multi Commander 6.4.5 BETA  (Read 21167 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander 6.4.5 BETA
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:04:04 »
Release v6.4.5 BETA

33 Changes

-- Build 2241 ( 9-Aug-2016 )
FIXED - Tab with a LockPath, and the locked location was deleted by anohter program, resulted in new tabs opening up
FIXED - During startup if a tab had a lockpath to a location that did not exists anymore. The tab was still locked and behaved bad.
FIXED - Showing a folder and that folder was deleted, MC would fallback to closest path, but the removed folder would still be shown. (Since Windows told MC it still existed)

-- Build 2239 ( 8-Aug-2016 )
FIXED - Ctrl+Return in CreateFolder dialog now works again. (Goto created folder)
FIXED - New Folders now show up faster when creating new folders. (From Create folder dialog)
FIXED - 1 rare stability issue

- Build 2237 (6-Aug-2016 )
FIXED - Focus moved to ".." when current focus item was lost. Now it works as before and moves to next or previous item
FIXED - If tab was locked and option to open new tabs was not active. In some situation did not update.
FIXED - In some situation filesystem change monitoring was removed, even if there was more ExplorerPanels (other tabs) active for that path
FIXED - Possible buffer overrun in MCAudioTools extension
FIXED - 1 very rare stability issue
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 13:41:33 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander 6.4.5 BETA
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:22:29 »
In Admin-Mode works the overwriting of existing files not. Deleting of files and copy/move works nice.

OT
I was working on my own Order the windows start-menu (Installed a new version of a program and moved the shortcuts to the right place) Thank god that classic shell updated for Win10 1607. :)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 23:18:44 »
In Admin-Mode works the overwriting of existing files not.

Win 7 Pro x64
Works for me in Admin mode.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:49 »
MC still can't unpack archives (Alt+F6 and MC.Filesystem.Unpack) to protected locations like "X:\Program Files". No Admin mode activation request, no errors in FileOperations log.

Is it planned to be fixed?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 08:19:15 »
MC don´t remember the path of saved Tab-layouts (mctap).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:54:29 »
MC still can't unpack archives (Alt+F6 and MC.Filesystem.Unpack) to protected locations like "X:\Program Files". No Admin mode activation request, no errors in FileOperations log.

Is it planned to be fixed?
It is on list. However it is not a easy fix, It require a bit of work.
Problem is that all work need to be done by the process running in admin space.
There are many reason why "Do admin work from user normal" is really bad idea.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 08:55:23 »
MC don´t remember the path of saved Tab-layouts (mctap).
I don't understand. what path is not saved ?  the tabs.. They are saved...

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:00:16 »
The path of the mctab-files, is not saved. In older versions MC always know this path, but now always i have to search this files. I have saved my mctab files in the config folder. This is only needed for save or load mctab files.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:23:45 »
You mean the Load/Save dialog when you load/save tab files ? MC never remember that path.
It is actually Windows that handles that and remember last folder it save/loaded from for that file extension (*.mctab)
For me windows remember it.. Not sure why it does not work on you..  XP ??

Btw.
You know you can load tab files by script (MC.LoadTabs), So you can put them in the menu so you can switch with 1 click.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 09:01:54 »
I was working with different OS, thats the reason why....

Today again double folders and files i
n win 10 pro 64 bit. My screenshot is a little bit private, but its not easy reproducable and some people in here dont believe what i write, therefore i will provide this screenshot.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 09:28:11 »
A force refresh will fix it.
The interesting things is that one item on the left is not double. (20160812.pdf )  Maybe it happen during the copy of that item so one refresh was before that item was added one one after.?

This can happen is a very rare timing issue where the filesystem is changed while it is updating. so it is updated again while it already doing it so the "UI" representation of a file is added twice to the view cache. This should not be possible and there are checks against it. but there is a very very very short time where if two things happens almost at the same time it can happen..  (Thread sync issue)
Are there many external filechanges in those folders, Like are other program adding/remove, modifying files in those folder ? External changes trigger MC to refresh, I think maybe and external changes happen at the exact right moment that trigger a refresh while it is already refreshing.

Did you have the filesystem log enabled ? if not If you can enable it with max loglevel (top loglevel item) and when it happens again, if you should send the last part (the last scan of that location), of the log to me privately if possible then maybe I can see why it is happening.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:45:22 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 10:10:44 »
Sorry i dont have Filesystem Log in the Eventlog and i dont know how enable this.

Yes there are many external changes in this folders, microsoft outlook has set this folder automatically as global documents folder and i have decided to let it be. I work now only with SSD Drives, also Drive D is a SSD. My broken Notebook was with a DVD Burner and i removed this and installed a HDD. Now i bought accidently a Notebook with only one SATA connector. Thats not good, thats not for eternal, no place for second SSD. Therefore the second SSD is now on a USB 3.0 HUB installed. Maybe this is the reason why this happens sometimes. With second HDD on SATA onnector i never seen this.

The new method is very good, also on the aspire one netbook works it very fast.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 10:17:30 »
Sorry i dont have Filesystem Log in the Eventlog and i dont know how enable this.
No, not the Windows Event log.. MC logs. (Ctrl+L) to view them,..  in Core settings you have the settings for it

Yes there are many external changes in this folders, microsoft outlook has set this folder automatically as global documents folder and i have decided to let it be. I work now only with SSD Drives, also Drive D is a SSD. My broken Notebook was with a DVD Burner and i removed this and installed a HDD. Now i bought accidently a Notebook with only one SATA connector. Thats not good, thats not for eternal, no place for second SSD. Therefore the second SSD is now on a USB 3.0 HUB installed. Maybe this is the reason why this happens sometimes. With second HDD on SATA onnector i never seen this.
The new method is very good, also on the aspire one netbook works it very fast.
The drive types does not really matter..  It has to do with that stuff happens almost at the same time in MC. like less then 0.01ms apart.
Like a scan is happening (or about to happen) and MC is at a special point in that process, and at that exact time, a new files is added/remove is something else happens that trigger a rescan,

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:23:47 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 12:23:24 »
ok, i guess the thing with the double folders and files are not very important. While normal work this happens never. A reload of the mctab-Layout fix the problem very fast without a restart. 6.4.5 works very good. This is really nice how many problems are solved now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:25:02 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 12:37:30 »
Okey..
No it does not happen often. it is a timing issue and can only happen if multiple "threads" in MC are at a special states at the same time.
But don't expect it do be fixed anytime soon. :)
Until somebody give me a log when it happens, I can't fix it, because without a log I cant find what is causing it to happen.. :)