Author Topic: Saving Dual Panel Favorite  (Read 8283 times)

wwwKris

• View Profile
Saving Dual Panel Favorite
« on: August 19, 2016, 15:00:52 »
Is there a way to save a dual-panel favorite so that you can quickly open two folders?

Thanks,
Kris

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Saving Dual Panel Favorite
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 17:13:43 »
No, but Yes, using script.

Creating a UserDefinedCommand that open multiple new path. and or tabs. ( eg MC.Explorer.Goto LEFT="c:\" RIGHT="D:\" )
Then assign the command to a hotkey/button/menu

But if you want to switch multiple tab. (3 or more) than You can save an entire tab setup to a file (Right click on tab) and then create a command that
load that tab layout from script ( MC.LoadTabs )

wwwKris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 19:55:30 »
No, but Yes, using script.

Creating a UserDefinedCommand that open multiple new path. and or tabs. ( eg MC.Explorer.Goto LEFT="c:\" RIGHT="D:\" )
Then assign the command to a hotkey/button/menu

But if you want to switch multiple tab. (3 or more) than You can save an entire tab setup to a file (Right click on tab) and then create a command that
load that tab layout from script ( MC.LoadTabs )
Thanks for the reply Mathias and my apologies for the delayed response - I didn't realize anyone had replied. It's unfortunate that there's no easier solution for this. I'll add a feature suggestion. Multi Commander is great so far and I'm sure there are others out there like me that would love to be able to quickly recall dual folder setups.

wwwKris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 20:06:09 »
If anyone else is looking for this, I added a feature suggestion here: http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1836.0.html