Author Topic: Need help with MultiRename  (Read 9245 times)

Av4c1

• View Profile
Need help with MultiRename
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:58 »
hello everyone I am new to this forum. but i have using Multi Commender for a while now. i must say i love it and Use multi Commender daily. the problem I'm haveing is with MultiRename when i Put like 10 folders in MultiRename and Add a Tag the tag gets added to every folder. the issue is when i click on start... one or two folders get changed with the tag name and on the rest of the folders it says "Faild to Rename"

i must be doing something wrong here. if anyone could help me with this issue i would really appreciate it. please explain to me how to successfully add tags to 10 or more folders at once. without getting the error "Faild to Rename"

sorry for my bad English

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with MultiRename
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 13:07:40 »
Error message is just "Failed to rename"? No more information? What does FileOperation log show?

Maybe some folder (which you haven't selected) has the same name as the new name of a folder being renamed?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 13:14:33 »
Make sure that no other program have a file open from one of the folders or that the folder are not open in explorer or other places.
Because if something has a hold on the folder.. it can't be renamed.

Av4c1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 13:34:37 »
OMG i just tested  it again with different TV shows then i did before. and now it suddunly worked. it must been like you mentioned in your post "Maybe some folder (which you haven't selected) has the same name as the new name of a folder being renamed?"

i'm so sorry not knowing better and for wasting you guys time. but  just for you guys to see, i will add 2 images when i try to rename with the movies that didn't work before. i just renamed like 8 TV show folders and BAM it worked. i would like to know one more thing, is there any possibility with multi commander for me to add 3 text files to multipel folders at onces?

thank you both for the quick reply. truly appreciate it

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 13:50:39 »
Press Ctrl+L in the main MC windows, and look in the FileOperation Log.
There might be more information about why it failed. if it was because of sharing (something else has it open) or other reason.

Av4c1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 14:47:49 »
just checked and this is what it says :) now i see what the problem is. the file it self-has some protection or something right? that's why it failed. at less now i know that it has nothing to do with the multi-commander it self. thanks again for the information you given me. truly a great help

2016-08-26 11:42:56.261 Rename failed (Access Denied) "C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\Tixati downloads\MOVIES\Amateur.Night.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT[EtHD]"

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 15:41:07 »
Yes it can be permission or something else that denies MC access. (AV or other security software often cause Access denied error when it is not file permissions)

Av4c1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 02:49:49 »
yes it is all working fine now, thank you again for all the help :)