Author Topic: MultiUpdate Behaviour  (Read 9705 times)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
MultiUpdate Behaviour
« on: September 06, 2016, 13:35:01 »
I have 2 installations of MC (both Portable, 64-bit).

I want the "test" environment to download available Betas, but the "live" one to download only stable installs.

The problem is that MultiUpdate stores its settings in the registry (not good for a Portable app, IMHO).

This means that if I download a Beta in the test setup, the next time I use the live setup it, too, will download the Beta.

My request is that MultiUpdate stores its settings in a local .ini (or .xml) file instead.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MultiUpdate Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 14:05:53 »
If you check beta in MC and lets it start MultiUpdate from Help > Check New Version
Then it will work since it gets the settings from MC via command line parameters.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 14:48:26 »
Got it.  Thanks Mathias.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 15:12:11 »
The problem is that MultiUpdate tool is stand-alone, it does not know if it should update Portable or not, (until it is already doing it)
You can even start it without MC at all and it will download the full installer..

Maybe should list the command line paramters.   With them you do not need to go into settings. and if you do not go in there, nothing is written to registry :)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 23:23:13 »
Maybe should list the command line paramters.   With them you do not need to go into settings. and if you do not go in there, nothing is written to registry :)

Now THAT sounds like a great idea  :D