Author Topic: Insert the full name of the current directory to the Command Bar  (Read 8686 times)

Tom

• View Profile
With Ctrl+Enter you can paste the focussed dir name or file name to the command bar. With Ctrl+P you can paste the focussed dir or file name including the full path to the clipboard (and paste it with Ctrl+v to the focussed command bar).

Sometimes I need to paste only the current directory to the command bar. Therefore I suggest to add the following key strokes:

Ctrl+[ Insert the full name of the current directory in the left panel to the
Command Bar (as shown under the Dropdown list, so with trailing \)

Ctrl+] Insert the full name of the current directory in the right panel to the
Command Bar (as shown under the Dropdown list, so with trailing \)

Any suggestions how this could be achieved with user defined commands and keyboard customization are welcome.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Insert the full name of the current directory to the Command Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:41 »
Ctrl+[ / ] are bad default hotkeys since they only work well on standard English keyboard. on a lot of other the [ and ] character are not the first chose character.

You might be able to create this command with a UserDefinedCommand of type MultiScript..
http://multicommander.com/docs/customcommands_list#mc.cmdlineset
http://multicommander.com/docs/multiscript/functions/getfilefromview
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:45:50 by Mathias (Author) »

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 15:03:58 »
Yes I know because I use german keyboard layouts. Anyway, I know that [ and ] are on the english keyboard the two keys before the backspace keys. And that would be were I would config the two keystrokes.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 16:42:24 »
I added it to my list and I might add it (maybe, Have to check if it is possible, or possible conflicts and things.) but with other default keys or maybe unbound by default.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 17:57:14 »
That would be great, thanks. The reason that other Commanders choose these keystrokes is that the squared brackets [ and ] remind to the form of the left and right panels. So it's easy to remember which keystroke for which panel.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 18:36:47 »
Yes but on for example swedish keyboard [ is located on AltGr+8 (or ctrl+alt+8 )  so you can not press "ctrl+["  trying to do that would require ctrl+altgr+8 and that dont work.

What I mean is that it is impossible to bind to a alternative character that already require a key modifier
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 18:38:34 by Mathias (Author) »

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 20:53:59 »
Unbound by default would be sufficient.

Altap Salamander with german keyboard has this keys on the 2 keys left from Backspace key. As far as I can see keycode 219 and keycode 221. Though, on pictures of english keyboard layouts the square brackets are 1 row below. Anyway, I would assign this two keys (Ctrl+ß, Ctrl+´) because I'm already familiar with them.