Author Topic: More icon sizes  (Read 7794 times)

shmuelw

• View Profile
More icon sizes
« on: December 27, 2016, 14:30:28 »
I would really appreciate it if you could add more icon sizes in the Explorer Panel, especially in between 16x16 and 24x24. I think other programs use something like 18x18, which I would prefer.
Can you more sizes, especially:
18x18
20x20
22x22
You can remove the size names (small, medium, large). See the attachment.

It would also be nice to have more size options for the Toolbar icons, especially 20x20.
16x16 is too small and 24x24 is too large.
But this is not as important as the icon sizes in the Explorer Panel, since the icon sizes in the Explorer Panel effects the readability of the entire file list.

Thank you very much for all your hard work. This is a really nice program.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 14:42:05 by shmuelw »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: More icon sizes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 14:40:30 »
The one used are the default icon sizes that Windows support.
Going to none standard sizes is to slow and causes to much issues because a lot of resources does not exist in that size natively and must then be resizes at runtime. creating quality and performance issues

shmuelw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 15:10:37 »
OK, I figured it out. I think you should add one point of space above each icon in the Explorer Panel. The file list seems too condensed. Please see the attached screen capture comparing your program and Explorer++. The list in Explorer++ is more spread out from top to bottom. I think the difference is that Explorer++ has one point of space above each icon in the file list.

Is there an option to adjust the margins around the icons? If not, can you add one point of space above each icon?
I think the toolbar icons would also look better with more space around them, but that is less important than the file list in the Explorer Panel.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 15:12:25 »
OK, I figured it out. I think you should add one point of space above each icon in the Explorer Panel. The file list seems too condensed. Please see the attached screen capture comparing your program and Explorer++. The list in Explorer++ is more spread out from top to bottom. I think the difference is that Explorer++ has one point of space above each icon in the file list.

Is there an option to adjust the margins around the icons? If not, can you add one point of space above each icon?
I think the toolbar icons would also look better with more space around them, but that is less important than the file list in the Explorer Panel.

Explorer Panel Settings > Display(tab)
at the bottom in the Tweaking section there are a settings where you can add extra row height.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 15:14:06 by Mathias (Author) »

shmuelw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 18:35:46 »
Thanks!