Author Topic: Shortcut to Individual Files as Favorites  (Read 6956 times)

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
Shortcut to Individual Files as Favorites
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:07:18 »
Ultra Explorer allows you to save individual files shortcuts in its Favorites Pane, I'd use it still if it were updated but it's discontinued & lacks support for peeking in Compressed rar files & built-in FTP, would be nice to see this in Multi Commander. Currently I have to copy the filename with full path & save it in the Folder as tag or use a notepad textfile shortcut in the Button Pane (External Program) to remember stuff like PDFs when there's hundreds of others in the same directory --like creating my own to-do\ reading list. Or I would even have to link the [Unused] Buttons to the ebook files directly. Please consider adding filename as shortcuts to MC. Thanks bro!
Yours Faithfully,
Roth13[] Designz™
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:07:55 by total_annihilation00 »
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Shortcut to Individual Files as Favorites
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 17:42:53 »
Sorry. I don't understand.

You have the Favorites windows that can popup where you can have both quick access favorites path and also organized in sections.
this favorites are also accessible from the favorites virtual path from the device dropdown (FAV:)

But this might not be want you are looking for. 

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut to Individual Files as Favorites
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 22:54:17 »
It's alright, I can live with that missing. I just meant save files as favorites, currently you can only save folders as favorites --the alternative is to use buttons and/or maintain a links list to the files. But that's tedious. And shortcuts take too much space, since my Hard disk is almost full. No worries :]
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~