Multi Commander > Beta Releases

MultiCommander v7.0.0 (RC)

<< < (5/6) > >>

Matthias515566:
Error Message when moving files in admin mode and attempting overwriting a existing file or folder: Unknown Error: 10

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on March 29, 2017, 14:15:00 ---Error Message when moving files in admin mode and attempting overwriting a existing file or folder: Unknown Error: 10

--- End quote ---
Impossible to say why it did not work for you..  can be anything..
Probably did not have permission to overwrite it or something. might be more info in fileoperation log.

Matthias515566:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on March 29, 2017, 14:49:36 ---
--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on March 29, 2017, 14:15:00 ---Error Message when moving files in admin mode and attempting overwriting a existing file or folder: Unknown Error: 10

--- End quote ---
Probably did not have permission to overwrite it or something. might be more info in fileoperation log.

--- End quote ---
This is reproducible also in 7.0 RC. I guess i have logging off, because i found only logfiles from 2016. But you can reproduce it by yourself. Just go to your startmanu-folders and copy a shortcut or folder to another place. Then move the same file/folder back and try overwrite the existing. Then come the unknown error 10.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on April 02, 2017, 14:25:47 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on March 29, 2017, 14:49:36 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
This is reproducible also in 7.0 RC. I guess i have logging off, because i found only logfiles from 2016. But you can reproduce it by yourself. Just go to your startmanu-folders and copy a shortcut or folder to another place. Then move the same file/folder back and try overwrite the existing. Then come the unknown error 10.

--- End quote ---

I probably the same even in 6.0 and all others, I have not done any changing around this. So this can't be anything new
My guess is that it is some permission error that prevent the writing.

* Maybe you have the Option to allow retry as admin disabled ? *
  Core Settings ->  FileSystem(Tab) > Run as Administrator Mode (section)

Allow Administrator mode to be started

AlanJB:
Matthias,

I am unable to reproduce this in 6.9.1 (2306) or in v7.0 RC1...

How are you copying/moving: Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X or from the File menu or via the mouse or...?

Are you using Commander- or Explorer-Style?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version