Author Topic: MultiCommander v7.0.0 (RC)  (Read 54729 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
MultiCommander v7.0.0 (RC)
« on: February 26, 2017, 15:16:52 »

Release v7.0 Release Candidate 1 - Build 2338 (1-Apr-2017)
  ADDED - MultiScript function min/max/IsAllTrue/IsAnyTrue (also supports array support)
  ADDED - MultiScript function mod/FormatDateTime/GetTimeInfo/GetRandomValue
  CHANGE- MultiScript change, compare two string using == will now return a boolean, not a diff values.
  FIXED - MultiScript debugger sometimes caused a crash if closed before script was stopped
  ADDED - QuickLaunchBar now has a "Run as Admin" options.
  FIXED - Fixed an issue with the "Find and Replace" and when doing ignoring case on 32bit builds
  FIXED - "Replace all older" when moving on same volume works again
  FIXED - Some default settings was wrong on fresh install
  ADDED - Renaming read only files using MultiRename, the confirm dialog about that now have a "Do this for all read only files" checkbox
  FIXED - When resizing thumbnail size using mouse wheel, The scrollbar was not updated correct.
  FIXED - Recent history path was in some situation corrupted.
  ADDED - Hotkey for the start of MultiRename can now be customized
  ADDED - MultiRename is added to the CustomContextMenu as a default command.
  FIXED - Memory leak with CustomContextMenu was shown.
  FIXED - Fixed some text issue and minor layout issues in the CustomContextMenuEditor

Release v6.9.9  - Build 2333 (25-Mar-2017)
  ADDED - Added many more rename option to the Rename submenu in menubar
  CHANGE- Change the text for the rename options in the menu
  ADDED - Added more rename option to custom context menu in the default setup (Delete 'ContextMenu.xml' to see the new default)
  FIXED - CustomContextMenu was sometimes saved with wrong options.
  ADDED - Option to show the WindowsShellContext Menu as a submenu to the CustomContextMenu (Core Settings > FileSystem (Tab) )
  ADDED - Option to Disable the CustomContexMenu
  ADDED - Option to Disable the Windows Shell context menu and only show the CustomContextMenu
  FIXED - Store Edition did not show thumbnails
  FIXED - Store Edition did not launch MCAdmin helper process correct
  FIXED - 1 stability issue reported by crash report system

Release v6.9.9  - Build 2329 (18-Mar-2017)
  ADDED - Custom ContextMenu Editor is now using multilanguge system
  CHANGE- Change the list of what commands are shown in the default custom context menu. (Delete 'ContextMenu.xml' to see the new default)
  ADDED - Fixed issue in Custom ContextMenu editor that items was not always saved correct if items was rearrange.

Release v6.9.9  - Build 2325 (12-Mar-2017)
  ADDED - CustomContextMenu editor that allow user to edit and customize the custom popup menu (found under Menu > Configuration)
  CHANGE- internal changes on how the automatic UI binding system work. This may have affected how the UI in the TabSession Manager dialog works.

Release v6.9.9  - Build 2315 (26-Feb-2017)
  ADDED - When checking for new version, and no new version is found, it will check if new language pack is available.
  ADDED - Added so alternative LangPack can be downloaded and loaded.
  ADDED - Server work to make it possible to download and manage lang pack versioning
  ADDED - Custom Context Menu that show internal command as submenu to the Shell Context Menu.
  ADDED - Custom Context Menu can be customized (But no UI yet, manuel edit of file required for now) (generate default file with ":savecustomcontextmenu" )
  ADDED - MultiScript function GetFSLinkType(..), GetLinkTarget(..), GetShortcutTarget(..) o get info and path of Filesystem links
  ADDED - Minor change to allow MultiCommander SE to pass windows store certification
  CHANGE- Language version mismatch dialog is redesigned and it is now possible to remove all unpacked language files from it.
  CHANGE- Calculate folder size background thread will now run even if other background thread are running
  CHANGE- Background thread that extract extra data can now be aborted easier.
  CHANGE- Code cleanup and refactoring and preparation for new features
  FIXED - 3 stability issue reported by crash report system

* Custom Context Menu *
This will show a submenu into the shell context menu with option for command that are internal to MC.
It will be possible to customize this, But right now there is no UI for it.
To generate the default contextmenu file type ":savecustomcontextmenu" in the commandline field.
Then the default options is saved to a file and if this file exists on startup it will be read and the context menu is build from that.

* Update Language Pack *
When MC starts and it check for new version. it will also check if there are new updated language packs.
Only the language pack that the user have selected is checked for and downloaded if the user choose to update.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 17:00:42 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: MultiCommander v6.9.9 (BETA)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 14:29:27 »
Hi Mathias,
  ":savecustomcontextmenu" does not seem to do anything (no new files under the Config folder in the portable version)...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 15:50:48 »
a file called ContextMenu.xml is created..

Works for me..  not sure why it does not work for you,   Hmm do not include the " character  :) maybe

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 16:18:20 »
Thanks, my friend.  It's even worse - I was checking in my live installation instead of my test environment ::)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:31:36 »
Only just catching up to these new features.... ::) ;)

I am pleased to see more new MS functions for me to mess with :)
Not yet in the docs?

Context menu - I was recently thinking about possibilities if I was to edit that, so I am looking forward to using it.   8)
Your current MC context menu has the essentials, have you made any lists of the operations etc ID numbers available already?
eg - <MenuItem Command="core.1360" Options="0"/>    =  copy
(Perhaps for Internal Commands from the cmd line?)

& Am I correct to think you could call the Unique ID of a button (& thus a script function) in this way?

I noticed some of my USB drives behave better with this build.  Before they might be much slower when initiating things like 'copy'.

Thanks Mathias, you don't disappoint ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:33:21 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:48 »
Only just catching up to these new features.... ::) ;)

I am pleased to see more new MS functions for me to mess with :)
Not yet in the docs?
Not yet..  but they only take a file path and return a the target,  so should be easy to figure out :)

Context menu - I was recently thinking about possibilities if I was to edit that, so I am looking forward to using it.   8)
Your current MC context menu has the essentials, have you made any lists of the operations etc ID numbers available already?
eg - <MenuItem Command="core.1360" Options="0"/>    =  copy
(Perhaps for Internal Commands from the cmd line?)

& Am I correct to think you could call the Unique ID of a button (& thus a script function) in this way?

If you open the Keyboard Customization dialog you see the "command code" in a field there if you selected a command.
However only commands in the "global" category are possible to be added

You can also hold the shift key while pressing "export to file".. and you get the command codes in the list.

BUT a UI is coming  for the Context Menu customization.. Manuel editing of the file is only for now.
(And the format might change)

I noticed some of my USB drives behave better with this build.  Before they might be much slower when initiating things like 'copy'.

Strange because nothing around that is changed. :)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 15:14:01 »
Thanks for the info Mathias.

The key cmd config - [export] +<shift> is a neat tip. ;)
I am waiting for your GUI of course but I wanted to look at the Menu options possible.

It may only have been the weather that influenced the USB sticks but it coincided with this update !  :D

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 18:56:21 »
Hi Mathias.

In v6.9.9  Build 2325, I cannot get the Settings panel tab colours to work properly (see attached).

I have set the Settings panel tab colour to be an "orange" shade, but the tab renders as "purple".

What am I missing  :-\

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 19:26:13 »
Works for me.. Strange,, something special with your setup ?

The value is save to the MultiCommander.xml file.

is the value changed in your file when you press apply/save ?
<tabs>
    <settingspanel>
      <solid value="1"/>
      <color background="9fd65b" text="$COLOR_BTNTEXT"/>
    </settingspanel>
  </tabs>

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 00:28:36 »
Very little changed from OOB setup - it helps to test more accurately with new features/changes without my interference :)

Pressing Save does not change MultiCommander.xml.  But...

If I manually add the correct color to <tabs>...<settingspanel>... in MultiCommander.xml, it works!

Also just noticed that in my "live" installation, that the "orange" color (FA9D3B) is also defined in Core Settings for "Settings" tabs, but the tab colors are, in fact, all white.  Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 17:17:51 »
Very little changed from OOB setup - it helps to test more accurately with new features/changes without my interference :)

Pressing Save does not change MultiCommander.xml.  But...

If I manually add the correct color to <tabs>...<settingspanel>... in MultiCommander.xml, it works!
That strange, I can't recreate that.

Also just noticed that in my "live" installation, that the "orange" color (FA9D3B) is also defined in Core Settings for "Settings" tabs, but the tab colors are, in fact, all white.  Am I missing another setting somewhere?
Maybe tab colors is not active ?
 Core Settings > Layout (tab) > Panel Tab (section) 
 "Allow tab colors"

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 12:41:23 »
Tab Colors are active.

It seems to be connected with the Colors section of the Quick Look'n'Feel setup.  If I make any change there, the Settings tabs are coloured correctly.

As I said, I make almost no changes to the OOB configration in the test environment, including not using Quick Look'n'Feel setup, in order not to cloud my beta testing.

Consider the issue closed, thanks Mathias.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 10:13:23 »
Very nice, jumping between open full screen windows with alt+tab or 7+ Taskbar Tweaker oer Taskbar have now very much higher performance. The jumping between excel and MC was a bit slow with a little bit lag. also when jumping with 7+ Taskbar tweaker Hotkey was it slow and is now fast. Keep the good work.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 16:26:53 »
Very nice, jumping between open full screen windows with alt+tab or 7+ Taskbar Tweaker oer Taskbar have now very much higher performance. The jumping between excel and MC was a bit slow with a little bit lag. also when jumping with 7+ Taskbar tweaker Hotkey was it slow and is now fast. Keep the good work.

?? strange, because the only change in this release is the adding of custom context menu and downloading of language packs..

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 08:14:46 »
yes, it was only faster because new installation. Today is the lag back. Update installation all new in memory. Maybe Memory fragmentation. But not matter.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 08:42:16 »
yes, it was only faster because new installation. Today is the lag back. Update installation all new in memory. Maybe Memory fragmentation. But not matter.

No. Don't think so. Must be something that causing some interference. AV or a million other reasons

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 11:04:04 »
Liking the look of the Custom Context Menu Editor.  Thanks Mathias.

I wondered what the * (top right) is for, it seems to remove entries... but they come back on reopening the editor.   
I thought I'd remove the copy & move options as these are in the base right-click menu &/or on my button panel.  Didn't persist tho.
I like being able to drag & drop in the right panel to rearrange entries.

All looks very promising :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 11:39:59 »
Liking the look of the Custom Context Menu Editor.  Thanks Mathias.

I wondered what the * (top right) is for, it seems to remove entries... but they come back on reopening the editor.   
I thought I'd remove the copy & move options as these are in the base right-click menu &/or on my button panel.  Didn't persist tho.
I like being able to drag & drop in the right panel to rearrange entries.

All looks very promising :)

Yes * removes item
And after you done that and you press close.. you will be ask to save changes ( or if you press apply it will also save..)
and it will be gone..

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 15:40:33 »
Thanks Mathias.
It saved it this time, it hadn't the first few times, may have been blocked by the AV when I tried initially (?).
I nearly edited the xml, but it is nice to have the GUI :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 17:06:15 »
Thanks Mathias.
It saved it this time, it hadn't the first few times, may have been blocked by the AV when I tried initially (?).
I nearly edited the xml, but it is nice to have the GUI :)

builds before 2329, did not always detected change and did not save..
But is two beta versions ago :)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 14:15:00 »
Error Message when moving files in admin mode and attempting overwriting a existing file or folder: Unknown Error: 10

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 14:49:36 »
Error Message when moving files in admin mode and attempting overwriting a existing file or folder: Unknown Error: 10
Impossible to say why it did not work for you..  can be anything..
Probably did not have permission to overwrite it or something. might be more info in fileoperation log.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 14:25:47 »
Probably did not have permission to overwrite it or something. might be more info in fileoperation log.
This is reproducible also in 7.0 RC. I guess i have logging off, because i found only logfiles from 2016. But you can reproduce it by yourself. Just go to your startmanu-folders and copy a shortcut or folder to another place. Then move the same file/folder back and try overwrite the existing. Then come the unknown error 10.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 14:51:37 »
This is reproducible also in 7.0 RC. I guess i have logging off, because i found only logfiles from 2016. But you can reproduce it by yourself. Just go to your startmanu-folders and copy a shortcut or folder to another place. Then move the same file/folder back and try overwrite the existing. Then come the unknown error 10.

I probably the same even in 6.0 and all others, I have not done any changing around this. So this can't be anything new
My guess is that it is some permission error that prevent the writing.

* Maybe you have the Option to allow retry as admin disabled ? *
  Core Settings ->  FileSystem(Tab) > Run as Administrator Mode (section)

Allow Administrator mode to be started
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 15:03:14 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: MultiCommander v7.0.0 (RC)
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 14:53:05 »
Matthias,

I am unable to reproduce this in 6.9.1 (2306) or in v7.0 RC1...

How are you copying/moving: Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X or from the File menu or via the mouse or...?

Are you using Commander- or Explorer-Style?