Author Topic: If some Files selected and double click at another file  (Read 6668 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
If some Files selected and double click at another file, all selected files will be opened (when permanent selection is enabled  in commander mode), but the file on which made the double click won't be opened. This is in my eyes a bug and no feature, because only when using the enter key should all selected files be opened. It have several reasons why i don't use the windows selection mode. One reason is, i dislike 100% of the windows explorer. A other reason is, when selecting some files, maybe you need to open a file and keep selection, this is also for images needed, sometimes while selecting some images, you need to watch a image big without losing selection, and normally it works with the double click and not only with a user defined command.
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1992.msg7660.html#msg7660

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: If some Files selected and double click at another file
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 23:16:58 »
So both selected files and the file that is in focus should be opened. Hmm I'm not sure, maybe. I see reason for both cases.. I write a note about it,

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 00:52:22 »
Mathias,

I think what @Matthias is saying is that only the file in focus should be opened on a double-click (the other - selected - files should simply remain selected, not opened).

A real-world example would be if I wanted to move a selection of photos from one folder to another, I would select the files I know should be moved, and then open/preview the files I was not certain needed to be moved by double-clicking on them (without losing my original selection).

@Matthias, sorry if I got this wrong!

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 18:03:59 »
only the file in focus should be opened on a double-click
Yes, thats right.