Author Topic: Basic View changes  (Read 6206 times)

jb4h

• View Profile
Basic View changes
« on: August 14, 2017, 16:43:02 »
1) When clicking on a disk drive icon have the display move that disk drive to the top of the display.  That is, the current display has the C drive at the top. If you click on the G drive, move it to the top.
2) When expanding a directory, shift the view to move the directory higher up in the display
3) Permit drag and drop copying of multiple directories by allowing selection holding down the ctrl key while clicking with the mouse.
4) Permit the option of automatically opening MC in single pane mode as a default.
5) Permit the option of showing files before sub-directories

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 16:55:23 by jb4h »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Basic View changes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 18:17:18 »
1. ? Eh don't understand
2.  ? Eh don't understand
3. You can drag multiple folder both within the same panel and to another panel or another app
4. Single pane mode will not be support because it break the entire design purpose of MC , Even if you hide the other panel. it is still there and can affect you..
5. Show files on top and folders at the bottom of the list ?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:16:34 »
1. and 2. means imo the order and display position in the folder tree. This is maybe a little bit similar to http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,2011.0.html

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:16 »
Ahh FolderTREE  okey.  I never use that and I forget that it exists.

Okey that makes more sense.

1/2 - Not sure if it is a good idea to move things around in the tree like that hmm Maybe.. need to think about that

3. Drag and drop is on my list but the problem with that is that in many situation like if the folders have different parents It can cause strange issues if the copy is done using Windows instead of MC.

5. No, The FolderTree will not show files. It require to much work.