Author Topic: Folder Tree Horizontal Scroll Bar  (Read 6547 times)

Tom L

• View Profile
Folder Tree Horizontal Scroll Bar
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:45:06 »
Is there any way to turn off the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the Folder tree? It often shifts spontaneously left and right when I am in the middle of moving a file to another folder. Rather annoying.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Folder Tree Horizontal Scroll Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:06:18 »
Turning it off would make break the tree and it would not work so good since it than would not be able to scroll horizontal.
If you make the tree width wider it will not require to autoscroll so often

Tom L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 20:48:24 »
Of course I, and perhaps most of us, were used to Windows File Explorer but didn't like many of its features and switched to another file manager, like Multi Commander. But there still are a few Windows File Explorer features that I am used to and like. One is its lack of a horizontal scroll bar on the tree panel.

I took that for granted before switching to Multi Commander. The tree stayed put instead of bouncing left and right when you didn't want it to. If it was too narrow for a particular situation (that didn't happen very often) it was a simple process to just drag it a little wider, even if only temporarily.

The best of both worlds would be to be able to turn the scroll bar on and off according to one's preferences.

michaelbeijer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 12:23:18 »
Or to lock it (perhaps), as per my recent request over @ http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,2094.0.html

Michael