Multi Commander > Beta Releases

New Already Exists Dialog

(1/5) > >>

Mathias (Author):
From build 2390 MC have a new File Already Exists dialog

This is still work in progress

New
  + Show thumbnail for images for and icons for other files.
  + For .exe files it will also display the version information
  + Layout changes all Single files option are on the top row. The ALL files options on the bottom row
  + New Option  "Overwrite if size differs"
  + Commands have changed from Replace, Repalce All and such to Overwrite and Overwrite All.

TODO
 * Texts can be translated yet. Since they are not finialized.
 * Add "More" button with more option fo "All Items"  like Overwrite all smaller , Or larger . or other ?? YOu have any suggestion? let me know
 * Tool tips for the path row so entire path is shown if very long
 * If you have any idea of other improvments for the dialog. let me know ASAP.

espkk:
Highlighting the timestamp of the newest file would be useful. Same for the highest size
Also, it could have "Keep both" option -- copy/move with incremental autorename

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: espkk on November 21, 2017, 18:02:58 ---Highlighting the timestamp of the newest file would be useful. Same for the highest size

--- End quote ---
Yes I'm planing something like that..  maybe also an icon or something to indicate what is newer/larger  and also maybe a text in other color after..

--- Quote from: espkk on November 21, 2017, 18:02:58 ---Also, it could have "Keep both" option -- copy/move with incremental autorename

--- End quote ---
Skip is the same as keep both, so depend on where you come from.. maybe "Skip / KeepBoth" on the button hmm but might be too long.
Or "keep both" might also mean that it should be copied and rename it.. so that you get both files there

espkk:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on October 16, 1974, 05:33:13 ---Or "keep both" might also mean that it should be copied and rename it.. so that you get both files there

--- End quote ---
That's what I meant. It's useful when you want to archive/backup files(here default backup command doesnt't quite fit), but don't care about renaming matching files to "filename_(1)" for example.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: espkk on November 22, 2017, 10:15:57 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on October 16, 1974, 05:33:13 ---Or "keep both" might also mean that it should be copied and rename it.. so that you get both files there

--- End quote ---
That's what I meant. It's useful when you want to archive/backup files(here default backup command doesnt't quite fit), but don't care about renaming matching files to "filename_(1)" for example.

--- End quote ---

So one of the files will be renamed... The question is do we rename the new file. or the existing file.
Or maybe have both the options in the list

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version