Author Topic: Folder Tree should show the content of the folder with Keyboard only  (Read 7465 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
The Folder Tree show the content of the folder only after a mouse click of the folder and when using the Keyboard Arrows happens the folder is just selected but the content is not in the panel. When using the enter key, the focus move to the panel and only after a mouse click in thje folder tree is browsing of multiple folders possible. Thats really not good. I watched the settings but there is no option for changing this.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Folder Tree should show the content of the folder with Keyboard only
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 16:44:06 »
Hmm I will see if it possible to add a settings for something

However there is a problem with showing it when navigating using arrow key is that it can cause a lag, since it want to show folder while moving over items with arrow keys.
Then there must be some kind of time lag with navigation, if you stop navigating and stand on a folder for X amount of time it will show it.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 18:00:26 »
Mathias,
  The problem is worse in build 2400...

If I open a filetree node using the mouse and then move further down the tree, clicking in the node that is selected does not show the correct files in the files pane; the original node's files are still shown.

Also, hitting Enter (Return) moves to the files pane, but there is no way [keyboard) to get back to the tree.

I hope that is a clear explanation  :-\

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 22:12:13 »
I don't think it can be worse.. nothing about it is changed in the beta, same code is running around that

So if you click on a folder the filelist is not updated ? I can't recreate that.  can you describe exactly what you are doing to make that happen?

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:23 »
Sorry Mathias - my bad.

I opened the tree in a locked tab so, of course, I could not navigate anywhere else.  ::)

Old age I guess ;)

Have a great Christmas and thanks for all the hard work :)