Author Topic: 3 Instances are open but 6 running and 1 need permanently cpu time.  (Read 5991 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Strange, watch the attachment unter MultiCommander.exe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:05:45 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
A pictures does not say much without context.

There are 6 running.. Maybe minimized to task bar ?
Using CPU,  sure maybe it is showing a path that is contantly changing so it it rescanning it.. Also gettting Icons and other data is fetched in the background.
Also windows shell extenion can to a lot of work. and they get hook into MC.

You can right click on process and create a dump and send it to me at http://multicommander.com/upload/ and  I can take a look.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:45:40 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
I have killed this instances and can't reproduce it. Before it happens, i moved some files and folders and after i accidentally deleted a folder (ssd and no recycled.bin on) i made a restore with Acronis true image and because the deleted folder blocked, i closed all MC instances with right click in Win10 taskbar. 2 instances kept staying after this actiion, but could be closed with Alt+F4. Then i made the restore and later i have seen that MC always using CPU und detected taht this Processes running. This was no " minimized to task bar" and no "contantly changing so it it rescanning" and no "gettting Icons". It was just a failure i guess. If it can't be reproduced, is my report senseless. sorry.