Author Topic: ** NEW VERSION v8.0 / v8.1 **  (Read 8582 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
** NEW VERSION v8.0 / v8.1 **
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:35:25 »
Final a new version. Took a lot longer than expected.

v8.1 (Build 2452) ( 5-May-2018 )

10+ Changes

FIXED - Sometimes overwrite of readonly files failed
 FIXED - Showing second dialog page in MP3 Info dialog (ctrl+y) caused a crash
 FIXED - AudioTool - Create Mp3 Playlist can cause a crash if filter used mp3 genre matching
 FIXED - Crash when trying to replace a file inside a zip archive
 FIXED - FSBZip2 extension now support new overwrite system when extracing multile files from .tar.bz2 file
 FIXED - 3 Stability issue reported by crash report system

v8.0  (Build 2450)  ( 1-May-2018)

140+ Changes

ADDED - FS7Zip extension is now build using 7Zip SDK 18.01
 ADDED - FolderTree now support rename
 ADDED - Core Settings to start MultiCommnder minimized
 ADDED - Added Command line settings /MINIMIZED to force MultiCommander to start minimized
 ADDED - FolderTree can now show smart expand boxes, That only show the (+) expand box if folder have subfolders.
         (However it can cause performance issuse since it must scan all folders, Enable settings in Explorer Panel Settings)
 ADDED - Copy/Move option to skip copy or move of empty folders
         (Moving on same drive with this option will be slower, since optimzied move cant be used)
 ADDED - CustomCommand MC.Explorer.Copy/Move now support SKIPEMPTYFOLDERS
 ADDED - CustomCommand MC.Explorer.Copy/Move Now support overwrite options OVERWRITE_IFNEWER / OVERWRITE_IFSIZEDIFF / OVERWRITE_IFSIZELARGER /
                                                           OVERWRITE_IFSIZESMALLER / OVERWRITE_AUTORENAME_EXISTING / OVERWRITE_AUTORENAME_NEW
 ADDED - MultiScipt CopyFile/MoveFile function now support OVERWRITE_IFNEWER / OVERWRITE_IFSIZEDIFF / OVERWRITE_IFSIZELARGER /
                                                           OVERWRITE_IFSIZESMALLER / OVERWRITE_AUTORENAME_EXISTING / OVERWRITE_AUTORENAME_NEW
 ADDED - MultiScript function to work with tabs. (TabActivePanelSide/TabActiveTab/TabCount/TabGetPath/TabLoadTabSession)
 ADDED - Option to turn thumbnail on/off in AlreadyExistsDialog
 ADDED - Overwrite 'both' works for files copied to/from normal file system
 ADDED - Pressing F4 in the Overwrite dialog will change 'Append' button to a 'Resume' button
 ADDED - AlreadyExistsDialog shown for virtual filesystems like archive (zip,7zip) will now support the new overwrite states.
 CHANGE- Major internal change for handling of options of overwrite of files.
 FIXED - Changed how MultiCommand detects shutdown/restart of Windows 10. So it should no longer hang around when restarting Windows 10
 FIXED - Issue with single instace and show tray icon
 FIXED - Issue with minimize to tray icon and but Keep taskbar icon setting
 FIXED - Misc uncommon issues with copy overwrite options.
 FIXED - AlreadyExistsDialog , Overwrite option now works for Portable device (WPD)
 FIXED - Selecting AlreadyExistsDialog Append/Rename for single file in dialog now works.
 FIXED - New AlreadyExists dialog now works with drag/drop of Stream data (eg Office Outlook)
 FIXED - FSRAR,7Zip, FSZip, FSBZip2 now support now file overwrite options better
 FIXED - 4 Stability issue reported by crash report system

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:27:50 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: ** NEW VERSION v8.0 **
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 18:18:25 »
It was worth the wait :)

Now to convert lots of my UDCs to use the new Tab... functions :D

sigmonster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 16:16:56 »
Not sure if this is ok to reply with or if you would prefer I start a new thread, so forgive me if this is the wrong choice, but it relates to the update. My install detects the new update and prompts me to download and install. I get through the Action Center window ok and close MC and tell the update window to start, but then it just hangs there with 0kb downloaded. I tried DLing the update manually and going into settings and trying to use a manually DLed file for updating, but the files unpacked from the zip seem to be a whole version and I can't find an update file to use. I can always uninstall my old install and just reinstall with the latest version, but I'm betting that's not the intention of the update. I'm running Windows 10 Home (soon to be updating to Education) on an acer with 16GB of RAM and an Intel i7 CPU. Anyway, please advise and/or let me know if you need more info.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:08:19 »
Not sure if this is ok to reply with or if you would prefer I start a new thread, so forgive me if this is the wrong choice, but it relates to the update. My install detects the new update and prompts me to download and install. I get through the Action Center window ok and close MC and tell the update window to start, but then it just hangs there with 0kb downloaded. I tried DLing the update manually and going into settings and trying to use a manually DLed file for updating, but the files unpacked from the zip seem to be a whole version and I can't find an update file to use. I can always uninstall my old install and just reinstall with the latest version, but I'm betting that's not the intention of the update. I'm running Windows 10 Home (soon to be updating to Education) on an acer with 16GB of RAM and an Intel i7 CPU. Anyway, please advise and/or let me know if you need more info.

You should not unpack the update package your self. You should let the MultiUpdate tool update the installation using that file.In Settings in the Update tool
 select that is should use the download file

Geobomatic

• View Profile
Re: ** NEW VERSION v8.1 **
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 16:40:55 »
Great version! Thanks!