Author Topic: How to run script on multiple files?  (Read 22419 times)

ajax

• View Profile
How to run script on multiple files?
« on: July 04, 2018, 22:32:12 »
Is it possible to execute a script all of the files in a selection list?  If so how?

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: How to run script on multiple files?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 07:41:09 »
It depend on what type.. If it us MultiScript you have full control. To get any files you want

If it is CustomCommand.. then you can in the option to check.. (But that only for if files being dropped, else you ned to call a custom command from multiscript. However it depends on what you are doing. The custom Command can interact with the UI and cause issues if you run multiple command in a row without letting it catch up

ajax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 16:19:16 »
Take a look here:

http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1472.msg5305.html#msg5305

Thanks!  Looks like I need to spend some time studying but, at first glance, that looks like what I'm after.

ajax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 16:23:13 »
It depend on what type.. If it us MultiScript you have full control. To get any files you want

If it is CustomCommand.. then you can in the option to check.. (But that only for if files being dropped, else you ned to call a custom command from multiscript. However it depends on what you are doing. The custom Command can interact with the UI and cause issues if you run multiple command in a row without letting it catch up
My experience with MC is quite limited but it looks to me like Multiscript invariably adds some capability which is desirable.  Therefore, I'm always leaning toward using Multiscript.