Multi Commander > Beta Releases

MultiCommander v8.9 BETA - BUG - Crash when start Search From Menu

(1/3) > >>

AlanJB:
I have Alt+F7 mapped at the OS level, so I cannot use that.

I simply use Menu > Extensions > File Search.

OK - More info:

* If I Click the "Advanced" button (to check RES1:  is selected) and click "Start", it crashes every time
* If I just enter a file type and path and hit Enter, the search succeeds (but in the old-style panel)
* If I just enter a file type and path, the "List Result in" (bottom left) is unselectable (see screenshot)

Matthias515566:
The same Probleme here, watch my screenshot, if i trying search, MC crash and send a crash report.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: AlanJB on March 04, 2019, 17:57:49 ---I have Alt+F7 mapped at the OS level, so I cannot use that.

I simply use Menu > Extensions > File Search.

OK - More info:

* If I Click the "Advanced" button (to check RES1:  is selected) and click "Start", it crashes every time
* If I just enter a file type and path and hit Enter, the search succeeds (but in the old-style panel)
* If I just enter a file type and path, the "List Result in" (bottom left) is unselectable (see screenshot)
--- End quote ---

There you have it.  You are starting the search from the menu option..  Then the old search module if forced.. that option should not be there.
See how important correct steps to reproduce are :) :)

Use ANY other way to start search   remap shortcut, Toolbar button. UserDefinedCommands.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on March 04, 2019, 22:22:56 ---The same Probleme here, watch my screenshot, if i trying search, MC crash and send a crash report.

--- End quote ---
Dont start from menu.. then it is forced to open as a own module

Use shortcut or toolbar or other way

Matthias515566:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on March 05, 2019, 09:35:42 ---Dont start from menu.. then it is forced to open as a own module

Use shortcut or toolbar or other way

--- End quote ---
I guess this is not the solution!
I use everytime F9. My Keyboard customization is not a user defined command:
--- Code: ---[G] Extensions - File Search....................................F9
--- End code ---

I have found out that it only crash when the advanced file search used. When the short file search used it works without crash, but i tested it only when the virtual drives are off in config because after the crash i changed the config. Core settings> File system>Tweaking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version