Author Topic: Google Drive support?  (Read 9696 times)

Anti-Bacterial

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Google Drive support?
« on: December 08, 2018, 17:38:30 »
In previous posts you indicated Google Drive is not supported because the folder path cannot be identified by MC.  I did a search of my Windows 10 registry and found the reg location indicating the path to the Google Drive local folder.  Open RegEdit.exe and navigate here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Drive
Under here, the Path is shown on the right.  (see attachment below)

Now that we know where the Google Drive path is, I would like to suggest it be added to MC (like Dropbox and OneDrive), please.
I am using MC (x64) V8.3 (build 2469) on Windows 10.   

Thanks very much for your consideration.
IT professional and technology enthusiast 💻⚙⚡

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Google Drive support?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 12:26:10 »
Then they have changed it since I last looked (a while ago) I will put it on my list to check it again and if that is a reliable way to get the path.

Thanks..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Google Drive support?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 08:27:41 »
In previous posts you indicated Google Drive is not supported because the folder path cannot be identified by MC.  I did a search of my Windows 10 registry and found the reg location indicating the path to the Google Drive local folder.  Open RegEdit.exe and navigate here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Drive
Under here, the Path is shown on the right.  (see attachment below)

Now that we know where the Google Drive path is, I would like to suggest it be added to MC (like Dropbox and OneDrive), please.
I am using MC (x64) V8.3 (build 2469) on Windows 10.   

Thanks very much for your consideration.

That PATH location is not where the goolge drive folder is located  but the path to where google drive store its Database and settings