Author Topic: Luggish and slow!  (Read 15088 times)

Suncatcher

• View Profile
Luggish and slow!
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:57:07 »
6 instances of MC in the memory and no one on the taskbar! Horrible! It's extremely buggy and slows start.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Luggish and slow!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 23:45:13 »
6 instances of MC in the memory and no one on the taskbar! Horrible! It's extremely buggy and slows start.
I'm not able to recreate that.  Need need to provide more info if you want to solved. that is not a common case..

And slow to start ? Hmm something is very strange with your setup then. But if you got lots of tabs to open and lots of network or remote location is can take time for filesystem to response.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 01:33:04 »
If you start to much instances to fast when loading a tab session not yet finished, it can happen that a new instance have no window. But Process Explorer > Window> Bring to front help in this case or starting every single instance only when the precvios instance with tab session completely started.

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:07:54 »
that is not a common case..

Very common case, on all my machines (physical and virtual). Even with 16Gb of RAM and fast SSD. Something is really wrong not with my setup but with your app.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 20:54:59 »
that is not a common case..

Very common case, on all my machines (physical and virtual). Even with 16Gb of RAM and fast SSD. Something is really wrong not with my setup but with your app.
It might be common to you because you have similar setup.. that does not make it common for everyone else

Then what is unique with your setup.. Why is not everyone getting it.
It is some settings combination you have that cause it ? maybe.

It is impossible for me to say why it is happening to you. And I can't fix it If I don't have any thing to go on.  Send me a memdump., check och change settings that might cause it. or tell how to reproduce it.

MrPapaya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 17:08:19 »
Never had any issue like that.

I'd suggest rebooting, installing a new copy of the portable version in a new folder. Still having the same issue?