Author Topic: Misc requests  (Read 8720 times)

Laszlo Horvath

• View Profile
Misc requests
« on: March 17, 2014, 22:37:24 »
I'm a very impressed Multi Commander an my request is not really for added functions but since I am a very old fan of NortonCommander and all the clones or new enhanced incarnations I developed some habits. For example the command line bar is always found at the bottom of the screen except in MC. My eye is continuously looking for that. I could get use to new layout but I found more relaxing to look down instead to the top of the window. I am wondering if was any consideration given to maintain the basic layout for those addicted to Norton Commander or Servant Salamander for example? What made you decide to move the command line window away from a well known location?  Is there any gain? Could you add a configuration checkbox that would move it back to it's classic place?  This is a great project. I can only look up to somebody who is so productive and generous to work on such an impressive project and share it for free.
Thank you
Laszlo

hilario

• View Profile
Re: Misc requests
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 18:34:02 »
Hello Matias.
I am very happy to see a new version in 2019. In fact I had abandonned MultiCommander because I thouhgt you had left Multicommander (no blog, no news, no versions, at least to my knowledge)
I had experimented with others products (even some paid products) but not the same speed and easy work as MultiCommander. I wonder why you don't try to get some paid versions and get more involvements.
Now I have loaded V9.1 but till not find Directory Sync.
This is something I think is very usefull and it is on you "things to do" for many years. Not a priority?
Well, I hope to see how you can improve you product.

Feature Request:
1- Directory Sync
2- More supported product

Thanks

AriesTruong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:18 »
Yes I voted this "Directory Sync"

Hello Matias.
I am very happy to see a new version in 2019. In fact I had abandonned MultiCommander because I thouhgt you had left Multicommander (no blog, no news, no versions, at least to my knowledge)
I had experimented with others products (even some paid products) but not the same speed and easy work as MultiCommander. I wonder why you don't try to get some paid versions and get more involvements.
This is something I think is very usefull and it is on you "things to do" for many years. Not a priority?

Feature Request:
1- Directory Sync

Thanks
Life changes when we change

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 15:05:30 »

Hello Matias.

Feature Request:
1- Directory Sync

Thanks

Problem is that "Direcotory Sync" is different, for different people. And when I ask for detail description on how they want it to work and what it should support I often nothing, or I get some basic things that is already possible. or somethings that is so advanced that is should really be its own product, and then would not be good fit for MC.
With automatic cloud syncing that most people have access too, most of the sync needs have gone away. I know some people still have the need. But the problem is that most people want something automatic and complex that is way out of the scope of MC. 

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 15:20:06 »

Hello Matias.

Feature Request:
1- Directory Sync

Thanks
Sorry. Doing news/blogs and stuff took a lot more time then you might think and I rather spend the time I have for MC on development.
Going paid version is not an option. MC it too specialized type of software to be able to make a living of it. I got a day job so development on MC is when I have time over. Wish I had more time to spend. But that life comes in the way. ;) And features I need my self will get prioritized, 

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:05 »
Since requests started here...

1. Now when unpacking password-protected 7z-archive with encrypted filenames, MC asks password 3 times. It would be good to see password prompt only once.

2. Now if archive contains sub-archives, MC only goes inside top-level archive. Then it unpacks packed archive and (seems to) redirect it to the system although it is supported by MC. E.g. if there is a zip inside 7z, MC will go into 7z, but zip will be opened in Winows' Explorer. If there's a rar inside 7z, nothing will happen (probably because there is no app associated with *.rar files in my system). So it would be great if MC could go through all sub-archives.

3. External archive profiles.

4. Some kind of status info for a focused file in the List mode.