Author Topic: Quick Look'n'Feel Setup always at startup  (Read 5130 times)

appsuser

• View Profile
Quick Look'n'Feel Setup always at startup
« on: December 21, 2019, 15:28:33 »
I'm more than certain that my problem is more unique to the way I use your program, than your program itself.  I use SyMenu (www.ugmfree.it) to organize and update most of my portable programs, and something about the way it does this causes the Quick Look'n'Feel Setup to always start when I start Multi Commander, no matter what option I choose.  Is there a way to turn off the Quick Look'n'Feel at startup manually, even if it's editing configuration files?  It gets pretty annoying after a while.

appsuser

• View Profile
Re: Quick Look'n'Feel Setup always at startup
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 16:32:06 »
Figured it out myself, since I was getting no reply.  I used the "Cleanup user data..."  option under the Help menu.  I was afraid that I would lose my customizations (scripts, menu items, file type associations), but fortunately, this didn't happen.  It appeared just once at the next startup and then didn't reoccur afterward.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Quick Look'n'Feel Setup always at startup
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 23:23:11 »
Ahh good. Im away, and I cant remember every detail in my head so I was not able to answer how to do it remotely. was planing to do as soon as I got home.
But good that you solved it.

and Yes, "cleanup user data" do not clean up user addition as script and such.  Maybe it should say so in the cleanup window. I will make a note of that.