Author Topic: 2.1.0 bugs/wrong behaviour  (Read 11264 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
2.1.0 bugs/wrong behaviour
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:21 »
1. Disabled option 'Remember selected files/folders' works only for same level folders. Example.
Code: [Select]
[folder1]
[folder2]
file1.ext1
file2.ext2
If you select some items, then go to folder1 or folder2 and then come back, selection is cleared. But if you go to parent folder or other folder via command (address) line and then return, selection remains.

2. Changing keys for 'Go to top'/'Go to bottom' has side effect. I set Shift+Alt+T, Shift+Alt+B respectively and when i press them i not only go to top/bottom but also get files/folders selected. (I have Commander Look'n'Feel enabled)

3. It seems that Option 'Icon size' has no translation string.

4. It is impossible to go to parent folder of a remote share via 'Enter' key or DoubleClick. Example.
I go to '\\Computer'. There are 2 shared folders: [Folder1] and [Folder2]. If i go to e.g. [Folder1], then i can't go back by pressing 'Enter' or Double clicking on [..]. I can return only by pressing 'Backspace' key

5. Language export. I've just noticed that language files for extensions are placed in Config subfolder of each Extension folder inside exported archive. So simple unpacking probably is not the right thing to do. Why not keep original structure?

---

Btw, why do color settings for Folder tree differs from ones for File List?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:01:56 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2.1.0 bugs/wrong behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:04 »
1. Disabled option 'Remember selected files/folders' works only for same level folders. Example.
Code: [Select]
[folder1]
[folder2]
file1.ext1
file2.ext2
If you select some items, then go to folder1 or folder2 and then come back, selection is cleared. But if you go to parent folder or other folder via command (address) line and then return, selection remains.
Okey. Will take a look at that

2. Changing keys for 'Go to top'/'Go to bottom' has side effect. I set Shift+Alt+T, Shift+Alt+B respectively and when i press them i not only go to top/bottom but also get files/folders selected. (I have Commander Look'n'Feel enabled)
If the settings "Auto check files and folder when multiselecting" is on it will do a "Range selection" when navigating if shift key is press down. Try pressing Shift+Arrow up or shift+pageup.
Recommended key for move to first/last is the left and right arrow keys. I was thinking on maybe making it default. but for now they need to be configured if they should be used.

3. It seems that Option 'Icon size' has no translation string.
Will Fix

4. It is impossible to go to parent folder of a remote share via 'Enter' key or DoubleClick. Example.
I go to '\\Computer'. There are 2 shared folders: [Folder1] and [Folder2]. If i go to e.g. [Folder1], then i can't go back by pressing 'Enter' or Double clicking on [..]. I can return only by pressing 'Backspace' key
Will look into this

5. Language export. I've just noticed that language files for extensions are placed in Config subfolder of each Extension folder inside exported archive. So simple unpacking probably is not the right thing to do. Why not keep original structure?
The layout is how it is stored for me internally to match the build process (and source control). I just unpack it into the project folder and all files are where they should be.
---
Btw, why do color settings for Folder tree differs from ones for File List?
Normally it should. . But it can also depend on the color setup. FolderTree does not suppot every color setup that the list part has.
So without a example I can not tell if it is a restriction in the folder tree or a bug.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:46:58 by Mathias (Author) »