Author Topic: Simultaneous Copy to Different Destinations  (Read 6154 times)

TanMan

• View Profile
Simultaneous Copy to Different Destinations
« on: March 27, 2020, 17:12:21 »
I have several external RAID arrays that appear as separate drive letters in Windows. I agree that if I copy 2 files to the same drive letter, the second file should be queued. But if I copy the second file to a different drive letter, it should open a second copy window and copy both file simultaneously. Right now, copying a second file to a different drive letter queues behind the first. Of course, you could have this as an option, but I think this should be the default behavior. I could not find this option in the app.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Simultaneous Copy to Different Destinations
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 18:30:43 »
You can choose to do parallel copy operations.
When you starts a second copy operation you get the question to queue it or start a new copy process. if you start a a new you get two at the same time.

TanMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 19:19:03 »
@Mathias, thanks for the quick reply. I had turned off the prompt because it added another step to all my copies and moves. So my choice is to add this prompt back and get it for every copy/move, or turn it off and queue everything. So I'd still like a smarter approach about queuing, as I laid out in my first post. Thanks!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 23:20:09 »
Well that dialog have lots of features that you can select for copy/move. Going with default operation you just press return. takes 1/4s