Author Topic: Multiple columns  (Read 7407 times)

Void

• View Profile
Multiple columns
« on: February 23, 2012, 18:27:23 »
Hi. Since this is my first post I would like to also say a huuuuge thank you to the developers. This program is the answer to my prayers for many years. Thank you so much for making such a great too free for us productivity oriented people! THANK YOU!

So, what I wanted to ask for is the ability to have multiple columns of files (I found 3 is best for me). There seems to be some issue with MC remembering unchecked properties (i usually just need the file & extensions columns), but I was able to fix that with a customized column set, but I have found no way to make 3 columns of filenames in one tab. If I'm missing it and it can be tuned to do that I apologize for not noticing (how!?!? :D )

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multiple columns
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 21:42:44 »
List mode like in Windows Explorer. .(Multiple file items per row) are not yet supported. Only 'Detailed' mode (1 item per row) are supported at the moment.
List mode it is very high up on the list for new features for future releases.

To use a customized column layout are you default layout you right click on the column header and select 'Customize column sets' and then select the [Default] column set.
Then you can customize it by adding/removing column.. or you can copy your current column setup to the default from the "copy column from" dropdown list.
when you done just click "save changes" and the [Default] column set is changed and by default it should not be used.

Void

• View Profile
Re: Multiple columns
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:10 »
Yes, that's what I had done to reduce some of the visual clutter. Can't wait for multiple files per row, excited to hear it's high on the priority list. thank you!!!