Author Topic: Left & Right arrows navigation  (Read 12845 times)

Void

• View Profile
Left & Right arrows navigation
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:48 »
A few days ago I excitedly showed my discovery of MultiCommander to my programmer wife and tried to convinced her that we should do a full switch: she used it for a few features but said she can't live without the left-right keys and went back to our previous file manager. I'm telling this story as an illustration of what I felt too, so I would like to humbly and respectfully ask if it would be possible to have the left & right arrow keys behave like home & end. I think this behavior makes a lot fo sense: your hand is always on the up-down keys anyway and it's a waste to have the neighbouring left-right do nothing, and it makes a lot of sense to have them do the one thing that would take a lot of key strokes/pressing to do otherwise: navigated to the top and bottom of the list of files.

Thank you very much for all the great things you're doing and your patience and help with us!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Left & Right arrows navigation
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:18:45 »
So you want to be able to go to top/end of the list with Left/Right arrow keys.

Sound like something that should be easy to add as an option to the keyboard configuration.. I will put it on the list.

Void

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:49 »
Awesome! thank you very much! Me & my wife will be very happy about this one! :D

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 16:30:22 »
In Beta build 1011 it is now possible to configure Go to top / Go to bottom commands.

* Keyboard customization
* under Module select Explorer Panel and under category select "module specific command"
* At the bottom you find two commands that you can configure and assign the left/right arrow key to

Void

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:13:47 »
Hey, thank you so much! not just for doing it, but also for explaining it here. I saw it in the new features but then spent like 20 minutes searching for it eveerywhere I could think of and couldn't find it. It turns out from other tries I had assume 'module specific command' is always a blank field so I kept skipping it. Thank you so much! finally the left and right keys are doing something very useful! Thank you!

Alterant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 14:30:12 »
Hi Mathias,

first of all thanks for the good programm. I am trying to move from NexusFile to Multi Commander and have several questions/suggestions.
Can Left/Right buttons in "Details" view act as PgUp/PgDn (like they work in "List" view)?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 15:13:09 »
Can Left/Right buttons in "Details" view act as PgUp/PgDn (like they work in "List" view)?
Like in List View ? PageUp/PageDown is the same in all modes. It moves the focus one page in length.

Configuring them are not possible at this time and not sure if it can be change. But might be possible to add so it can be scripted and then connect hotkeys to that script.

Alterant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:55 »
Hi Mathias,

There is an option to work in "Details", "List" and "Thumbnails" modes (see attached screenshot). If you work in "List" view, then Left/Right keys acts like PgUp/PgDn. I would like them (Left/Right keys) work the same way in "Details" mode. So if I press Right key I would like the focus to move one page down (not to the end of the list).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:34 »
Yes PgUp/PgDn are the same in Details,List and Thumb. But it is not possible to connect left/right to that action. But as I said before it might be possible to add so it can be done via script.