Multi Commander > Beta Releases

v11.0 - Release Candidate (Updated 18-Feb)

<< < (2/7) > >>

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: AlanJB on January 10, 2021, 11:21:17 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on January 10, 2021, 01:34:24 ---eh that is strange..it should not be xml.

--- End quote ---
OK - I see why I thought that MultiScripts could not be edited:  The .UDC files store only a reference to the (external) files my scripts are exported to.

--- End quote ---

Ehh No ? Your entire script was exported to .udc, But if you was running with external scripts. then the script was a ref to a external file. then it is what you get.
It is however not possible to create it like that anymore. But if you have it. it will still load them.

AlanJB:
Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:

--- Code: ---##########################################
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:
##########################################

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs
--- End code ---

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

Mathias (Author):
The need for File ref to have sepearate files are not needed anymore. and almost nobody used it so the support to create it from inside MC is removed.
It also create more confusion since you now have 2 files for 1 command.
However the support to load then still exists for compatibility reasons.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: AlanJB on January 11, 2021, 12:12:17 ---Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:

--- Code: ---##########################################
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:
##########################################

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs
--- End code ---

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

--- End quote ---

Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

AlanJB:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on January 11, 2021, 12:31:53 ---Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

--- End quote ---

I think that might be a mistake.  It is not a great deal of work to copy-and-paste, overwriting the last line in each .udc.

OK - just tested.  It works fine  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version