Author Topic: Refresh Devices  (Read 5888 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Refresh Devices
« on: April 01, 2021, 13:13:21 »
How about making the refresh of MTP Devices possible and removing some Bugs of the Admin-Mode as Priority 1 Task? The Screenshot showing my Smartphone with a Multicommander which running some days because i turn my PC not off while ethereum mining..... And now is it impossible to copy files to the smartphone because it works no more when the Smartphone was disconnected and reconnected. And when i disconnect the Smartphone, MC don't recognize it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 13:31:33 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Refresh Devices
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 18:33:11 »
Problem is that MC is not notified by Windows that a portable devices is removed.
So to force a refresh you need to go to the portable root and do a forced refresh.
Connections to portable devices are messy. Since you are not actually accessing the filesystem of the device. You are connected to a interface in the device that are not like a filesystem.
So if you disconnect and reconnect same device.. all the references for the items that was find in first scan are invalid since each connection will generate new unique references for them, So thats why a refresh is needed.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Refresh Devices
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 13:41:01 »
So to force a refresh you need to go to the portable root and do a forced refresh
This works (going to the portable root and doing a View>Refresh, not a "Refresh Devices"). Thank you very much. Didn't know what is a "forced refresh", but it is just a View>Refresh. Ok, Maybe this Topic can be moved to the "Support and Feedback". :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 18:22:06 by Matthias515566 »