Multi Commander > Feature Requests and Suggestions

Explorerview as control to embedd or dock to an editor/window?

<< < (2/2)

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: ReneMiner on April 12, 2021, 21:49:55 ---I see you have no idea what valuable tool your commander becomes in some situations.
Do you know Windows RE or WinPE?

--- End quote ---
Oh yes I know what it is. But years since I used it last.

--- Quote from: ReneMiner on April 12, 2021, 21:49:55 ---it doesnt even provide a windows explorer and refuses after a while to execute batch scripts  or to open regedit.
I have the portable edition of the commander to access the filesystem and since it has multiscript implemented it became even more valuable because .bat or .cmd will not be executed any more...WinRE is the Windows-Recovery-Environment and everyone who uses a windows-pc  should have a rescue-system that has the commander integrated. Mounting the registry hives i could do myself using commandline. But - i mentioned it already- winRE and WinPE refuse to run anything after a few hours. But the multiscripts that are invoked by the commander still function. Thats why i sugggested it.  the commander can mount these hives and also unmount them again in a clean and safe way.

--- End quote ---
Ok so you wanted functions to mount/unmount an external registry hive. Hmm Not sure how the Windows API for that is exposed, might be easy. Might be possible to add script functions for that.

--- Quote from: ReneMiner on April 12, 2021, 21:49:55 ---and + i am the one who downloaded the offline helop. sometimes i need it. even if its written as if noone would ever look inside and i am sure many users look inside once only, can not find what they were looking for and give up on it. Makes the built-in scriptengine become kind of dead data thats just cluttering disk space.  Then i could ask back: what for you implemented a script-engine? no one will ever use it because no one understands the manual ...

--- End quote ---
Script engine was added because I needed it, Most things in MC was added because I need it ;)

--- Quote from: ReneMiner on April 12, 2021, 21:49:55 ---And the other thing i saw a 7z-implementation  but none of the 7z-files that i know.
Is it other names or completely recompiled? Is it just implemented to create and unpack archives?
thats kind of castration to 7z... expecially 7z.dll and 7z,exe (the commandline tool) are capable of things like disassembling iso-files / can extract files from iso/image without the need to mount it. 7z can disassemble compiled html-files (.chm, help-files) and anyway it can extract ressorces of exe & dll or rc files, it can extract files from almost any installer, cabinet, and can obtain resources and file/version/information from executeables and installer packages archives and it can split , extract, mount or unmount windows system images (wim) which makes it kind of tool that can be used when windows already refuses cooperation, the system is not ready to restart and its like : in 5 minutes i will know if i have to reinstall the whole nethood or if i ever get the current system to run again. so i will put these 2 files inzt my comander/directory to make sure 7z is available for scripting and commandline.. Are 7z.exe and 7z.dll recompiled and part of the packAGE OR NOT AVAILABLE?

--- End quote ---
You are mixing up two things 7-zip and 7z
7z is the format for the lzma/lzma2 compressed files
7-zip is their tool for 7z that also include many other formats.
MC support the 7z format.  MC cannot use everything in 7Zip and use their 7z.dll, because of license and redist issue and also their API is a messy and do not match MC.

But better support for using external packers/unpacker are planned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version