Multi Commander > Feature Requests and Suggestions

Configuration option to bypass "are you sure you want to exit"

(1/3) > >>

thylocene:
It would be nice to have a Configuration option to bypass the "are you sure you want to exit" dialog when selecting file -> exit

It is especially useful in the scenario where one has opted to minimize rather than close MC

Matthias515566:
You can use some Keyboard Shortcuts for minimizing Windows:
Mimimize all Windows: Win+D or Win+M
Minimize only the active Window: Alt+Space+N

BTW, i never minimizing windows, i let them always open and change between them with Alt+Tab, Alt+Shift+Tab (Tab can be pressed more than one time to jump to the next Window in this Last used priototy List), The Taskbar and a Special Function of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

thylocene:
Hi Matthias, I would have way too many windows open by the end of the day to adopt that strategy.  It is also not the best in terms of memory usage.  The obvious reason not to close MC on minimize is speed of launching.  But there are also genuine reasons for wanting to close MC altogether as well.  Having an extra dialog to say "are you sure" is just an annoyance.

I was hoping that this could be a replacement for GPS Directory Opus which I have used for many years but now want to move away from.  MC has a lot of potential!

P.S.

Alt+Space is used by Microsoft PowerToys which I use i.e. cannot use Alt + Space + N

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: thylocene on May 27, 2021, 09:40:25 ---It would be nice to have a Configuration option to bypass the "are you sure you want to exit" dialog when selecting file -> exit

It is especially useful in the scenario where one has opted to minimize rather than close MC

--- End quote ---

File > Exit will do a real exit even if minimize to tray is active, so that you CAN do a real exit.

Why not just click the X button instead of digging into a menu or (Alt+F4)  that will now show a warning. (unless a file operation is running in the background)

Matthias515566:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on May 28, 2021, 08:07:20 --- that will now show a warning

--- End quote ---
Sorry, i have never seen this warning. Maybe i dont know what you and the threadstarter talking about. I thought the thread starter want such a warning..... But maybe there is a warning and the threadstarter dont want this warning. But in my config is no warning......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version