Author Topic: Mouse back button, highlighted folder  (Read 3825 times)

Worker

• View Profile
Mouse back button, highlighted folder
« on: July 05, 2021, 14:11:02 »
Hello,
I just registered here because I have a small problem in MC.
But first I'd like to thank you for developing MC. I really like it-  it has become my daily explorer since month!!  :)

but now my question:
I have a problem with my mouse back button. I already found a topic with exact the same question. But there was no solution... :-\
see here:
newbielink:http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1295.msg4589.html#msg4589 [nonactive]

Everything works fine when I enter a subfolder the first time. When I click back on mouse and change to another subfolder and click back again the first entered subfolder is highlighted.

Is there any setting or else to change this behavoir?

regards
Worker

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Mouse back button, highlighted folder
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 16:48:12 »
not sure I understand the problem.. but when you go back in folder history the focus is also restored.
Go back is not the same as when you press backspace and do "go to parent"

Worker

• View Profile
Re: Mouse back button, highlighted folder
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 08:15:22 »
I'll try to explain:
1. I go to folder c:\windows\logs (via double clicking the folders)
2. click back on mouse and now I'm in c:\windows and subfolder "Logs" is highlighted - everything is fine.
3. now double-click on subfolder "debug" (I'm now in folder c:\windows\debug) and click back on mouse. Now the folder "Logs" is still highlighted not "debug"
4. when double clicking on another subfolder and clicking back on mouse "Logs" is hightlighted everytime.

I hope this explains the situation a little bit better.

regards
worker