Author Topic: Multicommander crashes when trying to rename a file or folder  (Read 4234 times)

Justadude

• View Profile
The crash IDs always change slightly. Here are two examples: 11-E112UY and 11-L112CM (module is always MultiCommander.exe)

The crash is always caused when you try to rename a file or folder in the Multicommander. It doesn't matter whether you do this by clicking on the file / folder or whether you select "Rename" in the menu. When creating new folders, the Multicommander also crashes the moment you have to name the folder. A complete reinstallation did not solve the problem. In other programs, such as Windows Explorer, renaming files / folder continues to work without any problems.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multicommander crashes when trying to rename a file or folder
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 02:09:43 »
The CrashID is always unique so that I can locate a crash report and run a manual analyze of it if needed

I can't reproduce any issue with rename, Do you run any security software that might block some programs from changing the filesystem?
Anything else with your setup that is special?
I will check the crash report later but at the moment I can't do that, Then I might be able to see why it crashes on your setup

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multicommander crashes when trying to rename a file or folder
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 00:55:34 »
The 11-L112CM  crash is very strange. It fails when it is redrawing a item and when it get the text height of the font.
Under normal situation this should not be possible. So not sure how that can happen for you, Are you running some 3rd party UI Theme thing in Windows ?